GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not upgrading the rotors just yet, so just want something to tide me over till I decide to go down the Alcon or AP route.

For normal road use with the odd spirited burst, does anyone have any experience with these pads, they can't be any worse than the stock pads as far as I can guess.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Not upgrading the rotors just yet, so just want something to tide me over till I decide to go down the Alcon or AP route.

For normal road use with the odd spirited burst, does anyone have any experience with these pads, they can't be any worse than the stock pads as far as I can guess.
just had these put on mine last last week, I did have Ferodo 2500s fronts and rears with alcons ~(Ferodo front off and stored now, incase I dont like the brembo 2000's), and have the hp2000 fronts on now, primarily because i do a lot of motorway miles and need better cold bite when suddenly braking after 2-3 miles straight, and also want better morning cold bite, as I've found for me morning cold bite not great with ferodos, same with motorway after a few miles when not using the brakes..

So far, the Brembos are still bedding in, but they seem to have good cold bite, and warm up very quickly, compared to ferodo's (as expected) (1-2 normal braking use) to give an even better bite, same on the motorway, they seem to be getting a bit better each day, as they bed in more, I am using them with alcons

This is EARLY days tho, and they could turn out crap after a few weeks use, or may be right for my needs. We shall see, if they turn out crap, the ferodos will go back on.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chronos for the in-depth early review.

I have gone and ordered some HP2000's from Evotune which I saw recommended somewhere on the forum. Since I don't track and mainly road currently. Not having cold bite in the Ferodos like you mentioned wouldn't suit my needs.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Thanks Chronos for the in-depth early review.
I have gone and ordered some HP2000's from Evotune which I saw recommended somewhere on the forum. Since I don't track and mainly road currently. Not having cold bite in the Ferodos like you mentioned wouldn't suit my needs.
No probs, so at the moment I have Brembo hp2000's front, and Ferodo 2500's rear.. I may/will also be tracking the car with the brembo's as well (depending on the next few weeks) , so that should be interesting, as I have tracked the car with the Ferodo 2500s and they were great, and didn't fade on me! This is where the Ferodo's really shined for me.

Keep us posted on how you find the Brembo's after some-to a few weeks use, and I will tell you how I get on here. Have you ordered fronts and rears? If I like them I will get the rears as well.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I order front and rears. I am wanting to get new Rotors later this year, as the small harline cracks may start appearing. But till then as I won't be tracking for the rest of this year decided to go with just Hp2000's for road use.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi deankenny
Off topic mate you are somewhere in Weymouth ?
Or there is many white GTR around there?
I tell you why on this monday (18/5) between 11am 12h i was on my way to the train station when i have seen a withe GTR.It just cross my mind was you!
Either way if was you or not it was very clean passing by.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, there are three white GT-R's in Weymouth.

The way to tell the difference is

Plate 7 COX - Completely standard exterior
Will - Black/Carbon spoiler and black/carbon roof
Me - Knightracer Carbon Kit painted pearl white.

If you can remember any certain features of the one you saw, I drive mine everyday in Weymouth, so possibly could've been me.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Regarding the pads, only just finished fitting them half hour ago, so not a good stage to judge at the moment till they are bedded in, taking it slightly easy till they feel more confident.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
I fitted these to my Gtr 6,000mls ago. Bought from Jamievotune.
The oe Brembo pads gave off too much black dust.
And how have you found them during 6k miles? Road and motorway.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Excellent pads and keeps my wheels nice and clean.
Ask Andy at ACSpeedtech, he mapped my car recently and was braking as though he was on a race circuit . He actually bedded them in for me.
Will purchase again when the time comes and they don't cost the earth.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Just want to say I'm not associated with them in any way, I simply use them because they're a quality product at a realistic price, and it's nice to deal with a company that doesn't rip you off which is very rare when it comes to GT-R's! They come in a quality hologrammed box, fit perfectly with their own shims, perform perfectly and never squeal.

eBay item number (fronts) : 301601344685

"The Borg & Beck brand has over 100 years history in the Automotive market. In the early days Borg & Beck clutches were fitted to all the winning F1 cars and known to be the best. Borg & Beck now offers a leading range of over 12 product groups and over 47 product families.

Borg & Beck automotive components are manufactured to the highest of standards. Rigorous testing procedures and a strict material control program ensure premium quality at all times."

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.