GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Just want to say I'm not associated with them in any way, I simply use them because they're a quality product at a realistic price, and it's nice to deal with a company that doesn't rip you off which is very rare when it comes to GT-R's! They come in a quality hologrammed box, fit perfectly with their own shims, perform perfectly and never squeal.

eBay item number (fronts) : 301601344685

"The Borg & Beck brand has over 100 years history in the Automotive market. In the early days Borg & Beck clutches were fitted to all the winning F1 cars and known to be the best. Borg & Beck now offers a leading range of over 12 product groups and over 47 product families.

Borg & Beck automotive components are manufactured to the highest of standards. Rigorous testing procedures and a strict material control program ensure premium quality at all times."

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What's the highest speed you have stopped down from Trev? Do you think they could cope with very high speed stops?
I didn't want to hijack the thread, but yes high speed stops are no problem, there's a long straight around here that regularly sees full on braking from 150 to zero. I'm not a timid braker lol.

Brad, I guess they compare to stock but without the squeal. I've never had any sign of fade with them, I rate them 10/10 for fast road use.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yes pads are the same on CBA & DBA cars. Rear discs are also the same, fronts are up from 380 to 390, same pads.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
the way they feel softer when you press gently, then really firm up with a hard press, I rather like! feel's nice and controlled.

thank's for sharing the info bud :thumbsup:.. They are very interesting at this price, will be interesting to see how they fare over a few months tho. I'm still sceptical-ish to see if f they work out good over some time, it's like GTR tax reversed!! ha ha
Yes you get a good pedal feel, something the GT-R is good at with not too much servo assistance like many new cars these days.

No probs, I've been through 2 sets now, they performed the same from start to finish :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.