GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Not upgrading the rotors just yet, so just want something to tide me over till I decide to go down the Alcon or AP route.

For normal road use with the odd spirited burst, does anyone have any experience with these pads, they can't be any worse than the stock pads as far as I can guess.
just had these put on mine last last week, I did have Ferodo 2500s fronts and rears with alcons ~(Ferodo front off and stored now, incase I dont like the brembo 2000's), and have the hp2000 fronts on now, primarily because i do a lot of motorway miles and need better cold bite when suddenly braking after 2-3 miles straight, and also want better morning cold bite, as I've found for me morning cold bite not great with ferodos, same with motorway after a few miles when not using the brakes..

So far, the Brembos are still bedding in, but they seem to have good cold bite, and warm up very quickly, compared to ferodo's (as expected) (1-2 normal braking use) to give an even better bite, same on the motorway, they seem to be getting a bit better each day, as they bed in more, I am using them with alcons

This is EARLY days tho, and they could turn out crap after a few weeks use, or may be right for my needs. We shall see, if they turn out crap, the ferodos will go back on.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Thanks Chronos for the in-depth early review.
I have gone and ordered some HP2000's from Evotune which I saw recommended somewhere on the forum. Since I don't track and mainly road currently. Not having cold bite in the Ferodos like you mentioned wouldn't suit my needs.
No probs, so at the moment I have Brembo hp2000's front, and Ferodo 2500's rear.. I may/will also be tracking the car with the brembo's as well (depending on the next few weeks) , so that should be interesting, as I have tracked the car with the Ferodo 2500s and they were great, and didn't fade on me! This is where the Ferodo's really shined for me.

Keep us posted on how you find the Brembo's after some-to a few weeks use, and I will tell you how I get on here. Have you ordered fronts and rears? If I like them I will get the rears as well.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
I fitted these to my Gtr 6,000mls ago. Bought from Jamievotune.
The oe Brembo pads gave off too much black dust.
And how have you found them during 6k miles? Road and motorway.....

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
And how have you found them during 6k miles? Road and motorway.....
I fitted these to my Gtr 6,000mls ago. Bought from Jamievotune.
The oe Brembo pads gave off too much black dust.
Come on don't be shy, you can tell us :D Good or bad.

You guys do like to over spend on pads :)
Borg and Beck pads, superb German quality, £59 delivered, that's all in front and rear. :) I can't fault them for fast road use.
These pads are cheap compared to some, the pagids which are popular are £400+
Evotune

Brembo HP2000
Front pads £195 + VAT
Rear pads £145 + VAT

Pagid RS29
Front pads £360 + VAT
Rear pads £230 + VAT

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Well they have arrived :)
snap! :D

I didn't want to hijack the thread, but yes high speed stops are no problem, there's a long straight around here that regularly sees full on braking from 150 to zero. I'm not a timid braker lol.
Brad, I guess they compare to stock but without the squeal. I've never had any sign of fade with them, I rate them 10/10 for fast road use.

Thanks for the info tho, interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
come on then Dean, good or shite?

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
How are the Borg & Beck pads? Better than oem brembos or hp2000?
I wouldnt mind trying the borgs as well.. I still like the hp2000 and might get some rears as well. No feedback from Mr.Kenny yet?

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
I have borg & beck for a week now. Daily driver, very very impressed. No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50... Not to mention the price, which is unbeatable.
sweet, tempted to try them out, have you fitted front and rears?

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Yes pads are the same on CBA & DBA cars. Rear discs are also the same, fronts are up from 380 to 390, same pads.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)
You know what, i might try the Borg and Becks,.. the front brembo hp2000's I have on are starting to squeak :mad: , and sometimes are feeling a bit wooden at high speed, only had them on 3 months.. but then also they can bite hard as well.. weird.

BBP2436 Nissan GT-R 3.8 (R35) 03/09- FRONT BRAKE PADS | eBay

for £30 rips it's worth a go, if crap I will send you the pad and fitting bill Trevgtr :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Have you tried bedding them in again?Travel Guides (Dubai) on ITV London, Mon 10 Aug 9:00pm - Your UK TV Listings at TVGuide.co.uk
At least people have tried the B&Bs so at least you have some feedback as I would not have wanted to have been the first person to try £30 pads on a 200mph car!

If B&B can do street pads for £30, I wonder if they can develop track pads for £100? :runaway:
Well I've done quite a few high speed to low speed braking sessions on the motorway, and they Are still the same and squeaking.. I will give it another go, but may still try the b+b fronts as I'm curious as well ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
ok so brembo hp2000 front brakes are still being unpredictable, sometimes great stopping power, other times wooden feel.. this is at low speed and high speed, ohh and squeaking as well, I hate squeaking! .. However I still have the Ferodo 2500 on the rears, maybe they are causing the wooden type feeling when braking?, i'm told rears only account for 20-30% of braking as is..

anyhow I've ordered some borg and beck fronts to try, so will get the tuners to pop them on, and see how it goes, if the wooden effect diminishes or not and report back.. the way things are going, I should do a review on Ferodo 2500 V Brembo hp2000 V Borg and beck road use, ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
I'm really curious what your opinion on borgs will be...
so am i bud, they have landed and will go on the front's end of next week, booked in.

brembo hp2000 i kicked their heads in today, and they are still feeling really bitey and then wooden at all speeds 50/50, very inconsistent!!!!!!!.. bloody annoying. ohh and squealing as well at low speeds, still... I wonder if I got a bad batch?? I wouldn't mind, the first 2+ months they were fine but began to lose inconsistency .. If they were bitey all the time, consistently I would be happy. argggh! As they can feel real good.

on a side the ferodo 2500s are very consistent, you knew you had to warm them up with a few hard kicks on the pedal, and once warm they would kick ass, EVERY time! until they cooled down on a motorway drive. which is where i need good cold bite.. my lifes so painful lol.

Borg and becks -

Reactions: Uros

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Lol, just noticed in your signature...Alcons...I have APs, so I'm curious...but don't forget, they are street pads, don't go racing with them...or do it, so we see how they act. :)
I have Alcon, but I've only done x1 track day in the last year with ferodo 2500 and TBH they were faultless.. on track braking was superb!! NO fade, and gave me 100% confidence in them.

i swapped the pads to brembo hp2000 for road, and we know the results, so lets see how the borg and beck do... should be interesting..

I dont ask much, I want Excellent road cold bite LIKE STOCK, with casual track going capabilities. maybe 1-3 days per year, where stock fade.

ferodo 2500 ive found are far to poor for cold bite road FOR ME
Brembo to inconsistent, great bite then wooden on the next braking session

lets see how the b+b do... otherwise HELP!

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
@ Chronos

Sooo? Feedback on B&Bs? Good, bad, crap, whack, superb, meh, wooden,....?
Hi Bud,

Well so far I've only done about 50 miles, some bedding in and the tuner had a go in them..
initial experience no squeaking yet, decent cold bite, and they warm up quickly and give an even better sharp bite when pushed down hard...

Where you said
' No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50'
the way they feel softer when you press gently, then really firm up with a hard press, I rather like! feel's nice and controlled.

I tried on the motorway 3-4 high speed hard braking to down to 30mph and they were fine, I could smell the heat of them when I came off the motorway ha ha

This is early days as I've only done 50 miles, but initial impressions are good.... I do 300+miles per week, so will update as I go, see how they get on, and if I notice any issues.. as the brembo's hp2000 where ok for a few months, then went squealy and wooden.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)
thank's for sharing the info bud :thumbsup:.. They are very interesting at this price, will be interesting to see how they fare over a few months tho. I'm still sceptical-ish, to see if f they work out good over some time, it's like GTR tax reversed!! ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
@ Chronos

Sooo? Feedback on B&Bs? Good, bad, crap, whack, superb, meh, wooden,....?
Hi Bud,

Well so far I've only done about 50 miles, some bedding in and the tuner had a go in them..
initial experience no squeaking yet, decent cold bite, and they warm up quickly and give an even better sharp bite when pushed down hard...

Where you said
' No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50'
the way they feel softer when you press gently, then really firm up with a hard press, I rather like! feel's nice and controlled.

I tried on the motorway 3-4 high speed hard braking to down to 30mph and they were fine, I could smell the heat of them when I came off the motorway ha ha

Still to try them in the wet yet.

This is early days as I've only done 50 miles, but initial impressions are good.... I do 300+miles per week, so will update as I go, see how they get on, and if I notice any issues.. as the brembo's hp2000 where ok for a few months, then went squealy and wooden.

thank's for sharing the info bud :thumbsup:.. They are very interesting at this price, will be interesting to see how they fare over a few months tho. I'm still sceptical-ish to see if f they work out good over some time, it's like GTR tax reversed!! ha ha

Reactions: Uros
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.