GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
And how have you found them during 6k miles? Road and motorway.....
I fitted these to my Gtr 6,000mls ago. Bought from Jamievotune.
The oe Brembo pads gave off too much black dust.
Come on don't be shy, you can tell us :D Good or bad.

You guys do like to over spend on pads :)
Borg and Beck pads, superb German quality, £59 delivered, that's all in front and rear. :) I can't fault them for fast road use.
These pads are cheap compared to some, the pagids which are popular are £400+
Evotune

Brembo HP2000
Front pads £195 + VAT
Rear pads £145 + VAT

Pagid RS29
Front pads £360 + VAT
Rear pads £230 + VAT

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What's the highest speed you have stopped down from Trev? Do you think they could cope with very high speed stops?
I didn't want to hijack the thread, but yes high speed stops are no problem, there's a long straight around here that regularly sees full on braking from 150 to zero. I'm not a timid braker lol.

Brad, I guess they compare to stock but without the squeal. I've never had any sign of fade with them, I rate them 10/10 for fast road use.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Well they have arrived :)
snap! :D

I didn't want to hijack the thread, but yes high speed stops are no problem, there's a long straight around here that regularly sees full on braking from 150 to zero. I'm not a timid braker lol.
Brad, I guess they compare to stock but without the squeal. I've never had any sign of fade with them, I rate them 10/10 for fast road use.

Thanks for the info tho, interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
come on then Dean, good or shite?

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
How are the Borg & Beck pads? Better than oem brembos or hp2000?
I wouldnt mind trying the borgs as well.. I still like the hp2000 and might get some rears as well. No feedback from Mr.Kenny yet?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have borg & beck for a week now. Daily driver, very very impressed. No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50... Not to mention the price, which is unbeatable.

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
I have borg & beck for a week now. Daily driver, very very impressed. No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50... Not to mention the price, which is unbeatable.
sweet, tempted to try them out, have you fitted front and rears?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have them only on the front brakes, because I wasn't sure how they will act, so I didn't invest also in rears before I tried them as I was a bit skeptical due the price...I am still waiting for some rain to see how they perform when it's wet. FYI I have fitted also brand new AP racing rotors in the front so that surely helps the impressive braking performance...but as I said, for those who race, I think they bite too soft. But spirited street and daily driver, very impressive.

·
Premium Member
6,393 Posts
DBA cars are from 2011 onwards and have bigger disks than the earlier cars. I think that other manufacturers list different part numbers for the pads on later cars - I could easily be wrong though!

·
Registered
72 Posts

I attached the sticker that's on the box. It states "NISSAN GTR 3.8 09"....that means it's good for all models after 09. Mine is my12, and it already has the bigger 390mm rotors, and the pads fit perfectly and are flawless so far....so it's a DBA car.

I hope I answered your question.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Yes pads are the same on CBA & DBA cars. Rear discs are also the same, fronts are up from 380 to 390, same pads.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Yes pads are the same on CBA & DBA cars. Rear discs are also the same, fronts are up from 380 to 390, same pads.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)
You know what, i might try the Borg and Becks,.. the front brembo hp2000's I have on are starting to squeak :mad: , and sometimes are feeling a bit wooden at high speed, only had them on 3 months.. but then also they can bite hard as well.. weird.

BBP2436 Nissan GT-R 3.8 (R35) 03/09- FRONT BRAKE PADS | eBay

for £30 rips it's worth a go, if crap I will send you the pad and fitting bill Trevgtr :chuckle:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.