GTR Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price ...
I think that the problem is that they're not well known - at least, not in the GTR market. We really need Jake Hill or Jonny Cocker or Rob Huff to give them a proper test on a track to see how they hold up. If they hold up well, then they will be fine on the road and maybe people will start buying them. Personally, I never skimp on brakes (or tyres) so will stick with the tried and trusted pads but maybe I am being the mug by paying GTR tax on pads when an alternative will be more than sufficient.

You know what, i might try the Borg and Becks,.. the front brembo hp2000's I have on are starting to squeak :mad:
Have you tried bedding them in again?

At least people have tried the B&Bs so at least you have some feedback as I would not have wanted to have been the first person to try £30 pads on a 200mph car!

If B&B can do street pads for £30, I wonder if they can develop track pads for £100? :runaway:

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Have you tried bedding them in again?Travel Guides (Dubai) on ITV London, Mon 10 Aug 9:00pm - Your UK TV Listings at TVGuide.co.uk
At least people have tried the B&Bs so at least you have some feedback as I would not have wanted to have been the first person to try £30 pads on a 200mph car!

If B&B can do street pads for £30, I wonder if they can develop track pads for £100? :runaway:
Well I've done quite a few high speed to low speed braking sessions on the motorway, and they Are still the same and squeaking.. I will give it another go, but may still try the b+b fronts as I'm curious as well ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
ok so brembo hp2000 front brakes are still being unpredictable, sometimes great stopping power, other times wooden feel.. this is at low speed and high speed, ohh and squeaking as well, I hate squeaking! .. However I still have the Ferodo 2500 on the rears, maybe they are causing the wooden type feeling when braking?, i'm told rears only account for 20-30% of braking as is..

anyhow I've ordered some borg and beck fronts to try, so will get the tuners to pop them on, and see how it goes, if the wooden effect diminishes or not and report back.. the way things are going, I should do a review on Ferodo 2500 V Brembo hp2000 V Borg and beck road use, ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
I'm really curious what your opinion on borgs will be...
so am i bud, they have landed and will go on the front's end of next week, booked in.

brembo hp2000 i kicked their heads in today, and they are still feeling really bitey and then wooden at all speeds 50/50, very inconsistent!!!!!!!.. bloody annoying. ohh and squealing as well at low speeds, still... I wonder if I got a bad batch?? I wouldn't mind, the first 2+ months they were fine but began to lose inconsistency .. If they were bitey all the time, consistently I would be happy. argggh! As they can feel real good.

on a side the ferodo 2500s are very consistent, you knew you had to warm them up with a few hard kicks on the pedal, and once warm they would kick ass, EVERY time! until they cooled down on a motorway drive. which is where i need good cold bite.. my lifes so painful lol.

Borg and becks -

Reactions: Uros

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lol, just noticed in your signature...Alcons...I have APs, so I'm curious...but don't forget, they are street pads, don't go racing with them...or do it, so we see how they act. :)

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Lol, just noticed in your signature...Alcons...I have APs, so I'm curious...but don't forget, they are street pads, don't go racing with them...or do it, so we see how they act. :)
I have Alcon, but I've only done x1 track day in the last year with ferodo 2500 and TBH they were faultless.. on track braking was superb!! NO fade, and gave me 100% confidence in them.

i swapped the pads to brembo hp2000 for road, and we know the results, so lets see how the borg and beck do... should be interesting..

I dont ask much, I want Excellent road cold bite LIKE STOCK, with casual track going capabilities. maybe 1-3 days per year, where stock fade.

ferodo 2500 ive found are far to poor for cold bite road FOR ME
Brembo to inconsistent, great bite then wooden on the next braking session

lets see how the b+b do... otherwise HELP!

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
I've done some 15k road miles and 3 track days on alcons and pagid pads. First track day some 1k after fitting they were wobbly - vibration on breaking which did disappear soon afterwards. On the road Iv'e had a little vibration on breaking, but some hard stops soon sorted the problem. I suspect/ was told it could be pad deposit build up. A recent track day with some 40 x 150 - 40 stops they were faultless.

All round a great combination for fast road use with little to no noise.

Reactions: Chronos

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
@ Chronos

Sooo? Feedback on B&Bs? Good, bad, crap, whack, superb, meh, wooden,....?
Hi Bud,

Well so far I've only done about 50 miles, some bedding in and the tuner had a go in them..
initial experience no squeaking yet, decent cold bite, and they warm up quickly and give an even better sharp bite when pushed down hard...

Where you said
' No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50'
the way they feel softer when you press gently, then really firm up with a hard press, I rather like! feel's nice and controlled.

I tried on the motorway 3-4 high speed hard braking to down to 30mph and they were fine, I could smell the heat of them when I came off the motorway ha ha

This is early days as I've only done 50 miles, but initial impressions are good.... I do 300+miles per week, so will update as I go, see how they get on, and if I notice any issues.. as the brembo's hp2000 where ok for a few months, then went squealy and wooden.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)
thank's for sharing the info bud :thumbsup:.. They are very interesting at this price, will be interesting to see how they fare over a few months tho. I'm still sceptical-ish, to see if f they work out good over some time, it's like GTR tax reversed!! ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
@ Chronos

Sooo? Feedback on B&Bs? Good, bad, crap, whack, superb, meh, wooden,....?
Hi Bud,

Well so far I've only done about 50 miles, some bedding in and the tuner had a go in them..
initial experience no squeaking yet, decent cold bite, and they warm up quickly and give an even better sharp bite when pushed down hard...

Where you said
' No noise, a little bit softer bite which is welcome in daily traffic....as I said, impressed. I had Pagid and initial bite was to hard for street for me. These fell like a "normal" car, but don't fade even when you slam on them after going two three times from 150 to 50'
the way they feel softer when you press gently, then really firm up with a hard press, I rather like! feel's nice and controlled.

I tried on the motorway 3-4 high speed hard braking to down to 30mph and they were fine, I could smell the heat of them when I came off the motorway ha ha

Still to try them in the wet yet.

This is early days as I've only done 50 miles, but initial impressions are good.... I do 300+miles per week, so will update as I go, see how they get on, and if I notice any issues.. as the brembo's hp2000 where ok for a few months, then went squealy and wooden.

You summed the B&B up pretty well Uros, a tiny bit softer bite but stock-strong braking, and absolutely no fade through repeated hard high speed stops. Perfect fit and quality look/feel. Awesome value for money! They would probably sell more if they retailed at 5 times the price, how they do them for that price I cannot fathom. I guess I must be a mug for sharing the info lol :)
thank's for sharing the info bud :thumbsup:.. They are very interesting at this price, will be interesting to see how they fare over a few months tho. I'm still sceptical-ish to see if f they work out good over some time, it's like GTR tax reversed!! ha ha

Reactions: Uros

·
Registered
2,374 Posts

thank's for sharing the info bud :thumbsup:.. They are very interesting at this price, will be interesting to see how they fare over a few months tho. I'm still sceptical-ish to see if f they work out good over some time, it's like GTR tax reversed!! ha ha
Yes you get a good pedal feel, something the GT-R is good at with not too much servo assistance like many new cars these days.

No probs, I've been through 2 sets now, they performed the same from start to finish :)

·
Premium Member
6,393 Posts
mine arrived today - some pics next to a carbonetic pad for comparison

things to note

B&B weigh less than the carbonetics
B&B has much thinner backing plate, but much more pad material than the carbonetics
B&B comes with an anti-squeal shim.

I have only ever driven on OEM so it will be interesting to get them on with the new alcon disks I have sitting in my garage - I went for a full set of pads to go with the full set of discs so it should be quite the comparison.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.