GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a well organised and proffesionally run event by Bookatrack and shall certainly go to more !I haven't been to many trackdays but I was very impessed!I believe DaveC was approached by them to do us 'special' rates for the Skyline Club days if there was enough interest so please show him peeps if there is and hopefully he can organise something for all of us !I seem to enjoy more the 'just Skyline' days for some reason rather than the mixed trackdays with an assortment of cars!Call me prejudicest if you must . :))

The track was very good for the Sky's but with enough 'twisties' to keep one intrested ! It started off damp then dried out ! After lunch it absolutely chucked it down wich made for some interesting driving/aquaplaning !

6 Skylines run on the day DaveC(R32),Steve Richies(r33 running on slicks ;-) ),Rob Galley(R33),Geezajob(R34 on trailer!) ,Tim(R33)and me(r34) !Spudgun and Pegleg turned up to cheer us on!
There was a good range of cars there especially Lotus Elises which seemed to have appeared from nowhere and were bloody fast. I could only really leave some of them running 1.2bar instead of 1 bar.Never mind !They handled really well but on the twisty bits I could not keep up ,though the car could but I think it was my driving that let me down ,although I will not admit to it :) !
The R34 was just AWESOME thanks to Gt-Art who did the tunning and general setting up of the car. Cheers Gary+George!

Oops nearly forgot ;) .THANKS DAVE for arranging the day for us !

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bentwaters...

Yep what a good day.

Very well organised (on the track from 9.30) with open pit lane you could do as many laps as you liked whenever you liked.

The track is suited to Skylines with wide straights, some fast corners and some tighter chicane stuff, nothing to hit but cones and a good surface.

Bentwaters is about 1hr 20 from M25, Optimax is around the corner, and the cafe (next to the pits) is open all day - what more could you ask for...

Will definitly be going back again :)

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yep, top day.

The reason I trailer the car is for several reasons.. The GTR isn't the most comfortable of cars for 4 adults to drive 150 miles, and with all the paraphenalia there wouldn't be much room in the boot. Whereas the Land Rover swallows 4 adults with bags of room to spare. It gives my friends a dry place to sit when I'm on the track too.

Also, it means a mate can take the Land Rover into town to get provisions while I stay on track :D And, should the worst happen like brake being destroyed or tyres being shagged to death, I don't have to worry about driving it home.

As for the track day, we made our excuses and left around 3pm when the heavens opened, we had a scary moment when an Elise span right in front of us along a straight .. it just aquaplaned and span.. EEK !

Before that, it was a hoot, as for the slightly muddy twisties before the pit entrance, the Skyline handled it perfectly, you just had to grab the car by the scruff of the neck and chuck it though, often outpacing Elises/Scoobies. Same goes for all the twisties really !

I've got some great video footage of some mental tail-out moments around the huge 180 degree corner at the far-end of the track. (All intentionally induced)

Top day !

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon - NOT

Wow, what a day, I loved the new circuit, chasing Caterfields through the twisties felt like a scene from Jaws as I (occasionally) closed on them..... Though the rain after lunch gave us enough water to re-enact Jaws. Nice to be able to push the car beyond the limits in the Wet - Good learning experience!

It's a fantastic sight seeing the GTR (32,33 or 34) being pushed thought he twisties and then BLASTING off down the straight. It does the soul good!

Cheers guys for the feedback, I've passed on our collective appreciation to the BaT team. Jonny has asked to gauge the level of interesting putting more events together for the register (we must have behaved ourselves)

If anyone's got any pics or video footage from the day I'd love to see it.....

Laters,

Dave
(Still wearing a stupid grin)

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Bentwater

Yes guys what a day !! Sure gets my approval. I have, as some of you are aware been doing Tack days for some years now and it's good not only to see a decent turn out by US, but to get to a "new" different circuit and start the learning process all over again. The organisation was excellent, the cafe open all day, as was the pit lane, EXCELLENT. As for the rain and "slick" tyre's well what are Sky-monsters built for ?? Sideways of course !!!
Yes, I was one of the few who were not scared off by the light rain (3 to 4 inches of standing water on the "fast" back straight !!)
First time I think I aqua-plained for more than 20yards !!! What a feeling ! As for the rest of the guys there, very nice bunch, no "superiors" and every body that I spoke to enjoyed it.
So what about a SKYLINE meet there later in the year ?
Steve + A-BEUT

Keep it on the Black Stuff:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Iam very miffed that I could not make this one as In my Hart of Hart I wanted to do a least One Track day per month

And As it has turned out I will be Missing Jan and Feb As I will be away So i will have to aleast two In March and Poss 3 in April just to get back up to date! So Dave the First week of April Will be just right Put my Name down!!

Bruce Soon to be In New Zealand for Four weeks it Tuff Haveing to Work :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
great comments

Hi All,

Sorry to barge in here, feel like i'm spamming a bit, but just wanted to say i was really glad you all liked the new layout, we took on board the comments from a few of you after the September events and have made the whole circuit much more appealing to wider range of cars.

I've already chatted with DaveC about some more events and i'm sure he'll keep you updated as and when we make some progress.

Any other comments or criticisms please dont hesitate to let me know, so that we can make our events even better.

cheers & hope to see some more of you soon,

Jonny
BookaTrack.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi Jonny!!!
i can also recommend Bookatrack, they hosted an event for us in october at elvington, massively enjoyed by all our club members.
we are doing another event at bentwaters in June, jonny has agreed to letting spectators come at £5 each. no objections to you guys coming with us on this one if some of you wanted to?
15th June. see bookatracks site. you can book from one session to a full day via the site. rest of people there will be 200 + members.
rgds
chris m
200+

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot !

BTW guys.I didn't hit any cones this time :D ,well none that I saw anyway !

Chris. Why are spectators being charged now ? No charges were applies on Sunday. How can they police the event to stop 'gatecrashers' not paying ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paul,

the 200+ club event is being run slightly differently to normal. We anticipate a large number of spectators but no where near as many wanting to venture out on track. It seemed the best way to organise the day was to charge £5 entry, then £20 per 20min session on track.

Fear not - we're not getting into charging for passengers or spectators. In our experience we've found that once they've visited once, most people will have a go themselves next time - that's how we make our money :D

Hope this helps!

Jonny
BookaTrack.com

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Charges

Fair comment Jonny .

Thank you for taking the time to answer and for a good day out.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Dammmnnn and Tarnation ! ! !

:mad: :mad:

After reading the above I am gutted I missed Sunday, tickets for Arsenal vs Liverpool came up at the last minute and I just had to go. Anyway the Arse won which was nice but it was one of those days when you need 48 hours and not 24.

Sign me up for the next one, i'm in.

Andy
:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nightmare Question

If we were to get three dates thoughout the year booked with Jonny and the BaT team,

Which three months should we aim for?

Any preferences?

Would you like them all to be at Bentwaters?

(Joss is there any way we could do a vote of three from twelve?)

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi!
jonny beat me to it!
yes we are opening ours up as a club meet for all our members, plus guests (ie you lot!), ideal for anyone who wants tracktime plus the people who just want to meet /watch/blag rides etc. we agreed with jonny that £5 entry was fair to cover his costs for marshalling the spectators etc.
at the normal events , spectating is free, plus our members got to share trackrides in others cars etc.
rgds
chris m

1 - 14 of 14 Posts