GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pair black bride low max seats, reclining version, Kevlar backs. Black fabric, red stitching. Excellent condition no wear.

Comes with custom made brackets for low mounting. Adjustable seats rails. Seat belt buckles fitted with correct electrical plug connector, and air bag cancel resistors provided. Bride brackets and floor mounting brackets are powder coated satin black. Straight forward replacement of existing

The total weight with all brackets is half the std seats. You sit lower in the car. You are properly connected to the chassis with the tight fit. These are no good for fat lads and lass's. These offer great feedback on what the car is doing on the limit as you feel so much more connected to the car.

850£. Plus delivery. I live in Ipswich. For 30£ petrol I will deliver or meet at bottom of a12/m25 junction, or a14/a1 junction. For anything else we will need to work something out.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sold as a pair.

Yes they are excellent condition.

Interesting question. Bride used to be one company, but fell out with the manufacturer based in Thailand. They did not have copyright sorted either. Bride canada is one company and then there is bride japan which is these seats. The canada ones are the best quality in my opinion, these are still very good though and are the type commonly found in modified JDM street cars. I think that's the history of bride, google is your friend. These came from a trader on here 18months ago and I paid a lot more.

They have done Stirling service for me last year in the Toyota sprint championship providing a lower seating position and vice like grip. My car needs to go now so for sale and as we all know modified cars often need breaking to get some money back.... They come with custom made mounting brackets so will just bolt in.

·
Registered
862 Posts
pretty sure i was told by rhd japan that they where originally copied in taiwan and the Thailand distributor regestered a company and changed the design then patented it to get out of a law suit with bride japan, these copy factory never produced real brides ever
that just sound like a story someone made up to make it ok to buy a copy, the quality of the stitching,fit and the weight is a big give away along with the universal lol custom rails

any hoo i had the fakes and the real thing,the fake gias has no bracing around the support shell and the small allan key bolt where just threaded in to these fake kevlar shell me personally i think there dangerous and anyone looking to swap out there stock crash tested r35 seats must be mad just because you did not care does not mean other should not be warned,very very good chance this seat will brake in incident not thread crapping these are facts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pretty sure i was told by rhd japan that they where originally copied in taiwan and the Thailand distributor regestered a company and changed the design then patented it to get out of a law suit with bride japan, these copy factory never produced real brides ever
that just sound like a story someone made up to make it ok to buy a copy, the quality of the stitching,fit and the weight is a big give away along with the universal lol custom rails

any hoo i had the fakes and the real thing,the fake gias has no bracing around the support shell and the small allan key bolt where just threaded in to these fake kevlar shell me personally i think there dangerous and anyone looking to swap out there stock crash tested r35 seats must be mad just because you did not care does not mean other should not be warned,very very good chance this seat will brake in incident not thread crapping these are facts
thanks for the thread crap, hopefully i can reciprocate sometime.

The custom rails were made so that the seats literally sit on the floor to be as low as possible. A trader on here made these not that that should matter. The issues surrounding Bride is mostly a trademarking issue, and there are motorsport versions which are of excellent quality at £1500+ each, or these which you could buy new for £1300 a pair + the ancilaries. These are what they are, I would not classify them as dangerous. They are not an FIA motorsport seat, but recliners seldom are. Someone will be very happy with these, and many GTR owners already have them, and are.

chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
Going to jump in on this if OP ok.

If anyone is interested I have a genuine set of Bride seat rails for sale. £400 pair Pm me.

Jase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.