GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every1,need an advice on what tyres to put on my GTR,bridgestone or Dunlop?I know for fact that bridg. are much cheaper,been quoted today £1385 for a full set by kwikfit comparing to over 2k for duniies from nissan.Will that affect my warranty somehow,the ride and handling if i go for Bridgestone?Thank u all in advance for ur answers,ur opinion is much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Simply put the Dunlops are a much better tyre in the dry, Bridgies slightly better in the wet.

BUT, the Dunlops are not worth a grand more IMHO, hence why my last 2 sets have been Bridgies, and so will my next set.

And as far as warranties are concerned, please bend down so I can smack you right on the head.......

:chairshot

and again...

:chairshot

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi every1,need an advice on what tyres to put on my GTR,bridgestone or Dunlop?I know for fact that bridg. are much cheaper,been quoted today £1385 for a full set by kwikfit comparing to over 2k for duniies from nissan.Will that affect my warranty somehow,the ride and handling if i go for Bridgestone?Thank u all in advance for ur answers,ur opinion is much appreciated!
In my UK supplied GTR's handbook, it states that the correct Bridgestones are approved. Mill Hill NHPC lied to me when they told me fitting them would invalidate my warranty. I never use NHPC's unless I absolutely have to. Was it MH that told you that btw?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Are you sure there wasn't a misunderstanding here? I've been quoted for both Bridg and Dunlop by Ancaster and discussed extensively the pros and cons of both. They even offered to fit Bridgies supplied by me whilst changing leaking valves under warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And if u look up will see that Christer was told the same thing at Mill Hill,so they either playing with it thinking we r stupid and we cant find out or just dont know what they r talking about?!?

·
Registered
723 Posts
OMG, I can't believe that HPC invalidate the warranty if you use another tyres!!
Are they crazy?? If You use the same dimensions, what the hell they care which brand it is...!!
Will they tell us which washer fluid we have to use!! Maybe they can offer some washer fluid for 100 ***8364;/liter...
My tyres are finished soon and I am planning to put the Bridgestones, I don't care what they say... and if something breaks on my car, oh I would like to hear from them that I don't have the warranty cause of the tyres...
How aren't thay ashamed whil saying this to the customer...

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
And if u look up will see that Christer was told the same thing at Mill Hill,so they either playing with it thinking we r stupid and we cant find out or just dont know what they r talking about?!?
Lesson no 1..

HPCs talk bollocks.

What possible grounds would a warranty claim be denied because you have an OEM tyre as fitted to the US and Japan GTRs?

Please apply some common sense.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Look, at the end of the day it could be just overzealous individuals at the NHPC, but I have a very low tolerance when it comes to this sort of stuff. I don't see why I have to spend my time dealing with this sort of stuff - and therefore I don't.

The only one in the Londonish area that I don't have any negative views on is Motorline Tunbridge Wells. They are the supplying dealer when the car was new (not ot me) and they have contacted me to remind me about servicing. I told them it was going to Litchfields and why - and I hope they will feed it back to Nissan.....hope springs eternal:)

·
Registered
760 Posts
It may be that some staff in HPCs are confusing policy for pre MY2011 cars with that for MY 2011 cars. As I understand it, the policy with 2011 cars is that only OEM approved tyre is the (new) Dunlop, whereas for pre 2011 cars it was both Dunlops and Bridgestones. It doesn't take a lot to confuse some of these guys, let's face it.

Just relax and fit bridgestons form an indy - don't pay HPC prices, it'll only encourage them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep,thats what i did 2day,been testing new bridgestones all day and im really pleased with them.Thank u all and btw in the end i paid £1300 fitted after mentioning about GTR forum prices***58389;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts