GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone Europe

Fitted for £1000 plus vat ?? seems fair

Bridgestone Corporation announced today that it will begin supplying POTENZA RE070R RFT Run-Flat tires (RFT) for factory installation as standard equipment on the NISSAN GT-R, which is scheduled to be released to the U.S. market in June 2008. Bridgestone Run-Flat tires incorporate proprietary technology that allows continued driving/functioning at a specified speed for a specified mileage after losing air pressure.

The Bridgestone Run-Flat tires supplied to NISSAN have reinforced sidewalls (Bridgestone Side Support Run-Flat technology) to support the vehicle in case of a loss of air pressure. The highly rigid structure of the Bridgestone Potenza RE070R RFT has been specifically tuned for the NISSAN GT-R, and the tire's new tread design offers excellent handling in both wet and dry conditions. Combined, these features offer impressive performance which is ideal for the enthusiast wishing to drive on the race track.

Features of NISSAN GT-R

The NISSAN GT-R adopts a newly developed Premium Midship package, a VR38DETT engine and a GR6 dual-clutch transmission. The new style multi-performance super sports car was designed based on the idea of making the "super sports car life available to anyone, anywhere, at any time."

Bridgestone brand Run-Flat tires continue to function up to a specified maximum distance at up to a specified maximum speed (50 miles at 50 mph) after a loss of air pressure at 0 PSI. In addition, Run-Flat flat tires eliminate the need for a spare tire. This can reduce vehicle weight and save fuel, as well as reduce rubber consumption. Another advantage of Run-Flat tires is the increased latitude they provide automakers in design. A Bridgestone Blizzak winter RFT tire has also been developed to fit the Nissan GT-R for driving in snow and ice.

Bridgestone Run-Flat Tires for NISSAN GT-R

Model
Tyre Pattern

Tyre Size

NISSAN GT-R
POTENZA RE070R RFT
Front: 255/40ZRF20 (97Y)
Rear: 285/35ZRF20 (100Y)

·
Registered
640 Posts
why? Does the grip alter much or do they last longer without much compromise?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
How do you find them compared to the Dunlops?

I like the fact they are (slightly) better in the wet and will last a lot longer, but what are you giving up in dry grip?
Tbh,dont think there is a difference when using the car not as a pure racecar:wavey:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did you see them for £1000 + VAT?

That press release you linked to is 2 years old!
press release was just for info only.

neg price with local tyre company.we do run a bit of a fleet.however, should be obtainable elsewhere.

contact me if you can not source locally at a sensible price.

cheers,

jon

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Just ordered a full set from Camskill.co.uk.
£1117.60 inc VAT and delivery to Middlehurst.

Not bad seeing as the Dunlops would have been £1630! :eek:

As my car is going up for service anyway, I wanted MM to fit them, as they can do the nitrogen, know about the TPMS sensors etc. Plus I know they will be careful with the wheels, or they'll be respraying them!

I'm keeping my part-worn rear Dunlops for if I ever feel the need to buy a new pair of fronts.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tyre result!

Just ordered a full set from Camskill.co.uk.
£1117.60 inc VAT and delivery to Middlehurst.

Not bad seeing as the Dunlops would have been £1630! :eek:

As my car is going up for service anyway, I wanted MM to fit them, as they can do the nitrogen, know about the TPMS sensors etc. Plus I know they will be careful with the wheels, or they'll be respraying them!

I'm keeping my part-worn rear Dunlops for if I ever feel the need to buy a new pair of fronts.
David - that's a result! Only £279 per tyre! website already saved.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Perfect Touch the garage I take my cars to quoted me the price for tyres at

R35 GTR 255/40/20 bridgestone re070 @£262+vat fitted
R35 GTR 285/35/20 bridgestone re070 @285+vat fitted

R35 GTR 255/40/20 dunlop sp sport 600 @£385+vat fitted
R35 GTR 285/35/20 dunlop sp sport 600 @£395+vat fitted

the best thing is that its fitted, I wouldn't trust anybody to touch my GTR

they have some big wheel fitment thing as well, they do a load of porker tyres there already

·
Registered
352 Posts
Perfect Touch the garage I take my cars to quoted me the price for tyres at

R35 GTR 255/40/20 bridgestone re070 @£262+vat fitted
R35 GTR 285/35/20 bridgestone re070 @285+vat fitted

R35 GTR 255/40/20 dunlop sp sport 600 @£385+vat fitted
R35 GTR 285/35/20 dunlop sp sport 600 @£395+vat fitted

the best thing is that its fitted, I wouldn't trust anybody to touch my GTR

they have some big wheel fitment thing as well, they do a load of porker tyres there already
Robbie, is that with Nitrogen fill?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Did you mean inc or plus VAT Robbie?

Down near here, I would only trust Micheldever, but as the car is going to Middlehurst's anyway, I'm getting them to do it.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
no nitrogen fill as of yet (will ask), lots of place do offer this at small cost, just make sure the car is off when you deflate/ reflate

+ vat prices

1 - 15 of 15 Posts