GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these ?

Bridgestone RE070 run flats about £304 fronts and £334 for rears.

Sound ok?

·
Registered
341 Posts
got them on mine, good tyres (i think) even in the snow and ice had no issues with them. done about 9k on the set thats on the car now, and still got plenty of wear left in them. price sounds rite aswell. the garage where i get mine fittted told me £275 for front and £305 for rear.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got them on mine, good tyres (i think) even in the snow and ice had no issues with them. done about 9k on the set thats on the car now, and still got plenty of wear left in them. price sounds rite aswell. the garage where i get mine fittted told me £275 for front and £305 for rear.
If they feel ok, I guess they are ok! Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
going to need a set myself soon,nearly 4000 miles and the outer edges on the front and rears look below minimum depth, i suspect i have had them under inflated. the price sounds reasonable, are the tyres being imported or was that the price from a local garage.......

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
going to need a set myself soon,nearly 4000 miles and the outer edges on the front and rears look below minimum depth, i suspect i have had them under inflated. the price sounds reasonable, are the tyres being imported or was that the price from a local garage.......
I havent been out looking for the best price yet, that was just the price from the first place I tried. It was blackcircles delivered only price. Seemed ok to me. The Dunlops were about £480 each.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They are not as sticky as the Dunlops but still very good, also on snow or at the race track. Have them on my car for 11000mls now and need to replace them soon.

Anyone tried these ?

Bridgestone RE070 run flats about £304 fronts and £334 for rears.

Sound ok?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i wont be critical of taking the import route, anything must be cheaper than giving HPC over 2 grand to supply and fit a set of tyres.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Motor Trend mag claim to have got 18k miles out of their Bridgestones and that car must have been driven reasonably hard

I think my Dunlops will be done after my next track day; so that would be 7k road miles or so, and 2.5 trackdays.... and I'm not Tosh Suzuki.

I'm not averse to importing. My pile of wipers from the US, cost me £150 :bowdown1: and would have been at least £750 in the UK :eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
wow!!!!!. if nissan are going to f*ck owners over like that i will have to look at independent dealer/maintainence garages after the 2 year service plan expires.....

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
15k on the fronts on mine bridgestones, have the to much motorway wear on the inside for track setup, buying some new ones from perfect touch when they get their nitrogen fitted next month

they have the Nissan approved tyre machine as well! they are around the 300 odd mark from a good garage, bargain

·
Registered
290 Posts
Robbie

I am in Scotland, so I am interested in what constitutes a Nissan Approved Tyre Machine, do you have any details?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got Bridgestones on my R35 which have lasted 5,500 miles and have worn on the inside edge.Great grip in the dry but in the wet wether we have had lately i've had some interesting "moments" . Nissan quoted £2,440 for replacement dunlops but got these for £1200 from autofit bridgwater somerset 01278 439287. Please be sure to get your wheels aligned properly on a hunter machine and be extremely fussy about the results make sure you are there when they do it and don't accept anything bit perfection.Your tyres will last longer and the car will drive better and don't forget to make sure you get the everyday set up not track.Ive had various 4 wheel drive cars of different makes and on average have got 15000 miles per set and never had to worry about wheel alignment or car weight. I'm not sure but IMO there is a problem with tyres on this car. There have been too many people posting sub 7000 miles for tyres without track use or extreme driving of any kind. I can only come up with inaccurate wheel alignment by dealerships or maybe i'm a crap driver!
Please put me right so I can save my tyres!
Also how many other owners have had soft paint problems.I have lost count of the chips on my car.I reckon if a sparrow landed on it there would be a chip!Can't be right and i'v never had this problem with paint on any other car even the ones i've sprayed myself!
I see we have nearly 200 members on here now so that should give us a bit of clout

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've got Bridgestones on my R35 which have lasted 5,500 miles and have worn on the inside edge.Great grip in the dry but in the wet wether we have had lately i've had some interesting "moments" . Nissan quoted £2,440 for replacement dunlops but got these for £1200 from autofit bridgwater somerset 01278 439287. Please be sure to get your wheels aligned properly on a hunter machine and be extremely fussy about the results make sure you are there when they do it and don't accept anything bit perfection.Your tyres will last longer and the car will drive better and don't forget to make sure you get the everyday set up not track.Ive had various 4 wheel drive cars of different makes and on average have got 15000 miles per set and never had to worry about wheel alignment or car weight. I'm not sure but IMO there is a problem with tyres on this car. There have been too many people posting sub 7000 miles for tyres without track use or extreme driving of any kind. I can only come up with inaccurate wheel alignment by dealerships or maybe i'm a crap driver!
Please put me right so I can save my tyres!
Also how many other owners have had soft paint problems.I have lost count of the chips on my car.I reckon if a sparrow landed on it there would be a chip!Can't be right and i'v never had this problem with paint on any other car even the ones i've sprayed myself!
I see we have nearly 200 members on here now so that should give us a bit of clout
Was the car set up at a HPC and if so which one?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Set up at JFE Exeter but not on a hunter machine.1st set lasted 16000 but 2nd set only 5500 after alignment at JFE.
I now have the car in Tunbridge Wells and have had the wheels aligned there at a cost of £200.You can go to any tyre shop with a hunter system for a lot less, about £70-£80.
Just check the results before paying.

·
Registered
129 Posts
my tyres on the front have more wear on the outside edges than anywhere else(3800miles) but from experience i put that down to them being under inflated and had that corrected by HPC. if that price for Dunlops is for all 4 corners then it looks like thats where i will get my next set of trainers for my car....... as for the paint chipping, i have not had anymore since i put a sealant similar to supaguard on the car..... it seems self explanatery that the car does not have a top quality resin/sealant on the paint when the product is finished in the factory but for a sub 60 grand car i am willing to use some elbow power doing it myself....( careful on the paint discussion,some jobsworth is going to post,"this post does not belong here" lol.LOL...... )

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Tyres will wear unevenly as the camber is set up heavy on the inner sides of the tyres.

Also, the GTR is a heavy car, so I always expected tyre wear to be heavier than some of my previous cars.

Our lack of choice is more of an annoyance for me, with both the Bridgies and the Dunnies seemingly a soft compound designed to beat the 'Ring, not last 15k.

BTW, my worst car for tyre wear was my E36 M3 evo. Would go through a set of rear P Zeros in around 4k.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
robbie J, are your tyres via the import route or are perfect touch supplying and fitting them?, the price sounds very good......

I am in Scotland, so I am interested in what constitutes a Nissan Approved Tyre Machine, do you have any details?
Perfect Touch are supplying them (saw them on Sat). They have a hunter alignment machine and wasn't paying attention on the tyre put on machine but i think it might be hunter as well

Not the first there either as somebody else had some winter tyres fitted to a R35!

After they aligned my R33 the tyres lasted an extra 8K!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts