GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been to a local garage to check the rear end of my GTR33 due to vibration when at high speeds.

I nearly $hit myself :eek: when i saw the state of the back near side inner tyre wall. The tyre wall had failed around one third of the circumferance of the tyre. The boys at the garage had never seen anything like it.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Have you had the camber checked at the rear ?
It's quite common to lose the inner part of the tyre when the outer part looks fine, especially if you've had the suspension lowered as this generates even more negative camber.

edit : I may have misread your post - you say one third of the circumference not the width. In that case it's probably a fault with the tyre.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
recently changed mine, the inner wall of both rear tyres were non existant! but the outer side of the tyre (visible to the eye) was as good as new!

As mine is lowered, wear is on the inside of the wheels

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think we need a picture to see exactly what has happened. The tyre sidewall may have been damaged when it was fitted to the wheel and then failed later on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we need a picture to see exactly what has happened. The tyre sidewall may have been damaged when it was fitted to the wheel and then failed later on.
My new rubber should be fitted tomorrow i will try and get some pictures before hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts