GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'll be going. Me, the missus and the baby. Praying for a decent bit of weather though.

I would of loved to run, but you need to apply for a race licence. Only the lowest one, but still a days course. Or might be half day.

Anyone going who is running? Be great to see a few Skylines run!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Gary Passingham normally runs the Gt-aRT R33 down there - and ALWAYS does well. The event is crying out for a few big power skylines, I don't think they'd know what hit 'em. Gary has had it all his own way down there for years because not much can compete in his class (his car is FAR too quick for most things in his class). They always get really keen when Gary comes to the start line. It'd be awesome to get a few more 9-sec (or faster) cars down there.

As for the event, it really is superb. Last year was the first time I've missed it in about 10 years. Superb mix of cars and bikes. If you've not been, get down there - especially if it's a sunny day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i be there, wonted to run my stagea this year but wasnt done in time to enter it ,so will be mashalling instead . as a member of the B,H,M,C if you dont race than thay ask you to work, there`s a lot off very fast cars there, you need a race licence to race and have to apply. and than be invited by the brighton and hove motor club to come and race, very limited numbers,! very hard to get in to unless you have something very fast , or rare ,

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Most of us will be at JAE !!!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
im thinking of going to this been meaning to for years , but sadly wont have the car with me as the clutch wont be sorted by then :(

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Just looked at this years entrants...and saw that someone is running a Nissan GTR - be interesting to see how that gets on.

One Skyline entered - and it's NOT Gary Passingham, instead Dave Holland has a car entered.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If i get the jeep sorted in time, i might take that, as i'm taking her and the baby down there and its much more comfortable for them.

I dont think you need your motor down there mate. Be nice if you can, but no big deal if you dont. I doubt anyone who goes off here will be able to park up together anyway.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
That's suprising Gary's not entering. Wonder what's up?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I can't see Garry in the entry list, which is a pity, was hoping he was going to beat the Puma this year.

I will be there in my R35, but although in a different league to Garry some of the other cars in Class 4 will be tough to beat.

Rich

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That's suprising Gary's not entering. Wonder what's up?
He made the decision a while ago not to enter this year. The organisers had left a slot open until recently but I think the plan is to bring the car back out for next season now.

My new engine goes back in at the garage tomorrow :)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Yep - you can watch it up by the main road (although viewing is limited) or pay circa £10 and watch it from the lower level. Paying also allows you to have a good nosey around the cars.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Totally worth going imho; I'm going to try and make it down there.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
what time do any of you think would be a good time to get down to this? Coming in the 32 now, so wanna get parked somewhere close

1 - 20 of 40 Posts