GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I believe that the Brighton Speed Trials are on in 2 weeks time on the 8th of sept. :D
Is anybody going or indeed running their cars down the seafront ?
Don,t know if you have to prebook or anything ?
If anybody living close to the coast knows anymore please advise.
:cool:
Best regards

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I live about 40 mins drive away from where the speed trials are held and posted a similar message to the GTI-R list and the Jap UK Meets list a few hours back.

I've been scouring the net trying to find more information about the exact date - and only found one site referencing this years event - and that had the 8th Sept as the date (it usually is the 2nd sat of sept - so it should be correct !).

Things usually kick off early morning with test runs. After lunch competitors get 2 official runs. Everything is split into relevant classes to make things fair (although they do record the best times put in by both car and bike across the range of machines there).

Last year there was a high Jap car presence - and i expect the same this year )possibly more).

It'd be good to see some skylines running (fingers x'd) as i don't remember seeing any last year (it was all scoobies, EVO's and 1 GTI-R). Saying that, it'd be too late to enter now - so hopefully someone out there entered already !

The event itself is held on madiera drive. You can watch for free if you stand on the footpaths above the road, or pay around 10 pounds and you get entry to the "pits" and access to the standing areas at the start line. With "pit" entry you can come and go as you please - handy for going to get food and drink !

It's a good event - I've been a few times in the past - last years was superb, and i'm definately going this year !

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hi All !!

Just wanted to confirm that the Brighton Speed Trials are definately on the 8th September.

A friend of mine in the GTIR OC phoned Brighton local Council and Brighton Motor Club and they confirmed the date. They also stated that there is going to be a MASSIVE turnout of cars running - including F40's, old F1 cars (fingers x'd on that one), cossies, caterhams, the list goes on.

Anyway, i thoroughly recommend this to you all if you haven't been before, as it truely is a great day (and free if you don't want to go down the paddock area).

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brighton

Thanx for the info Darren
I will try and get my arse into gear and go down this year.
Never been before but talked about it quite a lot:eek:
Best regards

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Just a quick reminder guys, the brighton speed trials are on this saturday. Usually starts around 9.30am ish and finishes between 5 and 6 pm.

I BELIEVE that there MAY be an R32 running this year (apparently it has no rear wing)....i'll keep my eyes peeled for it's times.

Cheers
Darren

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

I wonder if the De-winged R32 is the on that turned up at the first Dyno Day??

Its the only one I have seen.

Any one out there own it?? :confused: :confused:

I loved the spoiler less look. Makes it look like a real Q car. No one would know it a GT-R. :D :D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Wingless 32

Hi Daz,

Does the 32 live in worthing/shoreham area ? I saw a 32 with no spoiler in May...

Where in Sussex are you ?

I am Burgess Hill.

going on Hols tomorrow though so maybe we can meet up in a month or so for a beer.

/Steve:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hi Scott & SteveC !

I don't know who the owner is, I only know about it because Mark from Abbey Motorsport, mentioned it to me on sunday at Trax while we were watching a track session. He said he thinks it may be running at Brighton Speed Trials...

SteveC - i live down in the Worthing area - i've seen quite a few skylines down this way - 1 R32...didn't see it for long, and i've seen a midnight purple R33, no i've seen 3 midnight purple R33's (all with 5 spoke split rims) and a few other R33's. No R34's down this way as far as i know !

SteveC - the beer sounds good - perhaps we could get a few people from down this way together. I wouldn't mind having a closer look at some of your motors !

Cheers
Darren

1 - 8 of 8 Posts