GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Just looking into getting a GT-R but have some real life questions that need answering. My driveway is quite steep but spread over quite a distance. Also, the length of the car is less than the depth of my garage. Just. I am assuming the car is 4710mm long. Will it fit?

Here are the angles and measurements:

Driveway (angled entrance off street)
14 deg Left, 12 deg Right
Length: 6.5m Left, 9m Right
Garage depth 5.05 metres

These pictures show what’s what:

As you can see, it’s tight.
If there are any users in the Bristol area who would be happy to help out by seeing if their car goes up the drive, that would be so helpful. Happy to reimburse expenses naturally. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Difficult to see the angle of the slope but if the car is on standard suspension and not lowered I don't think you will have any problems with the slope, they have quite good ground clearance as long as not lowered or fitted with a 102 mm exhaust system.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My old house had a considerably steeper driveway than that, but I used to reverse it in so I'm not sure about going in frontways. I would definitely have thought you'd be OK though. As for length, I would check it with an actual GTR if you can. Nice tiled floor in the garage BTW!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thats good news. Before my first R35 I worried about things like this, speed bumps, etc. but found it cleared almost everything with surprising little trouble.
But do look out for big kerbs when parking as they'll happily scrape the lower edge of the front splitter!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine is usually fine but there's a huge speedbump at my daughter's school that I can't get over without scraping, no matter how slow I go or what angle I take. It's most annoying as mine isn't even lowered. I would be very careful about going into multi-storey carparks though, as they have really steep ramps and also ridiculously tight corners with high kerbs that are almost impossible to navigate in a GTR without nasty scrapes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts