GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a thread about the sale of my white 67 Track Edition to We Buy any Car in the R35 General Chat.

I'm staggered to see that the car is being auctioned by BCA in Walsall. I know BCA own WBAC but I thought they paid a very full price at nearly £67k. How can they hope to get more at auction ?

If anyone on here is thinking of buying it I'm happy to fill them in on the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not in the trade but I've just seen that BCA have my car as £69,200 at CAP clean.

·
Vendor
3,588 Posts
Sometimes I’ve wondered myself about what they can offer. I could have bought a 2019 te with nice mods on for £71k without any negotiations about 3/4 weeks ago but I had a planning application in that caused me not to buy it.

I think they buy and sell in a batch, so buy 1 million quids worth and send them to the block with provisionals on, hoping they accumalate a bigger percentage than they layout.

Any hits can be offset to profitible months.

And they have a big profit in indemnity.

If you have the backing it’s quite simple.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes I’ve wondered myself about what they can offer. I could have bought a 2019 te with nice mods on for £71k without any negotiations about 3/4 weeks ago but I had a planning application in that caused me not to buy it.

I think they buy and sell in a batch, so buy 1 million quids worth and send them to the block with provisionals on, hoping they accumalate a bigger percentage than they layout.

Any hits can be offset to profitible months.

And they have a big profit in indemnity.

If you have the backing it’s quite simple.
£71k for a 2019 TE sounds a bargain. I expected WBAC to mess about but apparently they are buying a lot of expensive cars

·
Vendor
3,588 Posts
I think they do try it on a with some people as main agents do.

I think you would have struggled to get that money as a retail sale without loads of people messing you around or trying to Nick it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm waiting to see what it makes next Thurs. £70k would be all the money given the tyres and brakes.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was it just a std car?
4.25 but detuned to run a std exhaust. It has Alcon's and pagids but they need changing as do the Cup 2 tyres. It also has a Litchfield castor kit and splitter. The previous owner did the work and got Litchfield to do the mapping. Loved the car apart from the colour.

·
Vendor
3,588 Posts
And the indemnity fees you pay are’nt worth naff all as when there’s an issue they do the best to get out of paying up.

Block sales generally are poor quality cars with the odd exception, better off going to view one and test drive it.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And the indemnity fees you pay are’nt worth naff all as when there’s an issue they do the best to get out of paying up.

Block sales generally are poor quality cars with the odd exception, better off going to view one and test drive it.
The previous owner bought the car back. He never wanted to sell it.

·
Vendor
3,588 Posts
Fair play to him, I sold one before I did’nt want to part with so I understand what he was feeling.

·
Registered
376 Posts

It sold for £68k 😭

1 - 19 of 19 Posts