GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not sure how many (if any) of you are on NTL broadband, but have any of you been suffering from major connection problems the past 2 days ? I've had real trouble getting onto ANY of the servers. Yesterday i could not get on until late evening, and this evening it took 3 hours before it'd work.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Daz,

Im on Pipex but sometimes get similar problems. More often than not though in my cases the source can be traced back to BT as everything has to go through their exchanges!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been on NTL Broadband for a few months now and never really had any probs with it mate, and it's in use for hours each day!

·
Registered
186 Posts
NTL Blows goats! big time.
They have never been able to get anything right for me including Broadband! It's quick (but not quite right)
If you do have problems with then (tech wise) ring the Broadband outage number and have a listen you will probably hear one close to where you live which may explain the problem...

I'm trying to ditch them at the moment, but they can't even get that right!

Grrr.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got to add that if everything works fine with NTL then great but if anything's wrong with an NTL service then IMHO NTL as a company are absolutely useless and their ability to resolve problems at all appear limited, let alone quickly.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Go for ADSL rather than a cable modem. I know for now you have to go through BT except for some ISP but even they have to use the BT infrastructure. The arse will drop out of the cable high speed internet service in the next couple of years cos they cant compete with DSL without taking their fibre to the curb, which aint gonna happen. Hence they are unable to guarantee the bandwith. For instance at the mo you will find that around 500 people will have access to the same bandwidth on a cable connection and if all are on at once then you aint going anywhere fast.

Wheras going the DSL route you can guarantee the bandwithe and get a lot more if you want and you dont get a load of arse crack showing gorillas diging up your lawn, drinking all your cofee, chattin up the wife and stealing your kids.

just my opinion.

Chris

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My NTL dial up has been really playing up over the last few days. I cant access my hotmail inbox at all, and several sites simply refuse to load, connection is appalingly slow IF it does work and the service centre is a joke.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts