GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the non-invasive Brodit clips onto which to mount your phone cradle of choice? For those who are not these are fantastic little clips which attach to your dash ect without any damage ect

dlsdevelopments are the UK supplier (Brodit are Swedish)

Anyway....since picking up my car back in May I have been keeping tabs on the dsl site to see if the GT-R clip was added but alas to date it has not even though there is one for the 370z already!!

I have used the clips in all my cars over the last few years and rate them very highly as an option for those who wish to use phone based sat nav ect or just want a phone cradle without the hassle of crappy vent mounts or drilling into the car to attach.

Getting rather frustrated at nothing appearing on the dsl site I called the company this week for further info.

It seems they have a non-Brodit metal clip which is attached by removing the stereo.....bit of a no no for me as I wouldnt know where to start.

However, the guy (Dave) did say that the Brodit research dept were working on one but as they have had minimal enquiries its not high on the research dept agenda. Dave stated that if he started to get requests from UK customers for a GT-R clip its very possible that he can influence them to get it moved up the priorities list of the research department.

So if anyone would like to have a Brodit option available to us GT-R owners could they please send an email requesting such to Dave at dsldevelopments??

I have not added weblinks or direct email address here as Im unsure of the forum rules (I am in no way linked with dsl.....just a very satisfied historical customer) so please google dsldevelopment or Brodit UK and send an email request via their website.

Hope there's a few takers for this as the Brodit options are just simply fantastic and if we don't ask we certainly wont get!

Can anyone else provide an opinion of the Brodit solutions for those who are not familiar?

Cheers

Neil

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Dashmount are a UK. Company who make their own mounts and owner has a GTR!

Google them as they make an R35 mount ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that Charles.....

....but to be honest I do prefer the Brodit style with means no removing panels and such.....perhaps I'm too much of a scaredy cat!!

Just how does the panel unclip? and whats a 'ride control switch bank' ??
Im assuming thats the RRR fruit machine winner takes all switch bank?

But it is an option if Brodit dont see the light!

Come on folks ....email dsl and help me get my Brodit !

:chuckle::chuckle:

Incidently.....jailbroke my 3Gs OS 3.1.2 iphone with blackra1n so have been 'testing' the sat nav apps.....Navigon, CoPilot and TomTom all work really well...very impressed. Another good app is trapster the speed cam thing...and thats free!

·
Registered
888 Posts
At the moment in MY10 R35, I use a 50cm USB/Lightening lead & keep my iPhone 5s in the centre cup holder.
However, i'd like it more towards the centre console, so I can see the screen & was wondering if anyone had a link to what they use, be it Brodit or similar!

Cheers
Iggy

·
Registered
888 Posts
Brodit do a bracket for it, here:List*Nissan*GTR*2013*|*Brodit

Dave:wavey:
Cheers for that Dave :thumbsup:

Does it have to sit that low, or can it be affixed higher up, almost level with passenger temp gauge?
I take it I can run the iPhone USB lead, from the centre arm rest under the trim somewhere to the Brodit?

Iggy

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Cheers for that Dave :thumbsup:

Does it have to sit that low, or can it be affixed higher up, almost level with passenger temp gauge?
I take it I can run the iPhone USB lead, from the centre arm rest under the trim somewhere to the Brodit?

Iggy
If you click the blue part number on the link I posted it gives you the fitting instructions:)

I had one on my 1st GT-R for my Cobb, don't think you can get it much higher? The plastic wedge tool provided is also useful for tucking the cable away:)

Dave:wavey:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Appears that the Brodit Pro Clip isn't stocked in the UK & are special order from Brodit Sweden!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Fitted the Brodit Pro Clip & passive holder for my iPhone 5s.
I ran the USB lightening cable between the side & top silver trim & into the arm rest.
It was pinching the gable a bit, so I put a couple of turns of black insulation tape round, just where it exits the trim towards the phone.

Thanks to Charles Charlie for the trim removal guide :thumbsup:

Edited to add;
Just hope the temps in trans tunnel doesn't melt the bloody cable..lol
Also, noticed how marked the silver trim is! So think i'll be looking at doing something with it, either plasticoating or just changing it out for maybe carbon or just a darker colour to match the side trim..

·
Registered
130 Posts
I didn't like the height they used in the instructions, so I mounted it a bit higher which seemed to work, no issues so far, very solid mount (but I need to get my postcount up before i can show you :-()

·
Registered
154 Posts
I owned a few phone holders over the years but not like this one. Looks nice and secure.
At the moment I'm using the solution by Tetrax, it looks really clean and simple and because it doesn't have any moving parts, like some of my previously owned ones, it's ultra reliable too. It's only caveat is the button you have to install on the back of the device but it's not a biggie, you don't really notice it after a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts