GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope there is someone out there who is an electronics wizard. It seems my car was broken into last night. Luckily nothing was taken and there was no damage to the car. They popped the boot and for some reason decided to connect my jump start kit up to the battery the wrong way round, the live croc cable was still connected to the wrong terminal when I found it. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to blow the electrics hoping to kill the alarm :confused: :confused:

They didn't succeed, however, my electrics now don't quite work. I found one of my 10amp fuses was blown, can't remember the one, which I have now replaced. Unfortunately the following still doesn't work :

[1] CD Player
[2] Warning tone when you open the car door with the headlights on
[3] Electric Aerial won't go up
[4] Air con resets itself when you turn the car off. You have to turn it on again when next drive the car
[5] Radio, although it plays the presets are lost and it returns to AM band when you turn the car off.
[6] Clock

I was hoping this was just a fuse problem, but obviously not. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check now? The electrical guys I took it too haven't a clue and have recommened I take it to Nissan, yeh right!

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry to hear it mate, seems like you and me have had problems with bloody thiefs trying it on

I know PCS car audio in Stacey bushes are very good as your around MK, if no one on here has any ideas that is

Mat

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tell me about it :(

I tried PCS, they recommended Nissan simply because they haven't clue where to start and didn't want to rip me off with labour charges. I still think it is something simple as all the things that have gone must be around the same voltage. I am hoping it is a blown relay or something like that. unfortunately I don't know where to start....

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Have you tried Class A? They do a lot of Skylines and have loads of experience. If you want a reference on how good they are ask Shin or Alan.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where abouts is ClassA? Near Milton Keynes?

Matt

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry to hear that MattB, hope you get it sorted soon.

I never knew Milton Keynes its that bad having live here for 12 yrs.

Regards

Joe

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sounds like you have dropped one of the power feeds, a constant 12v, which fuse box did you look in or did you look in both?

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah it does indeed sound like a main supply fuse has went,check the ones in the engine bay and boot as these are your safe gaurd to stop short curcuits and lovely single flames running up the length of the car from the battery (have seen this before made and it did make a fair wee mess). Bet you wished now that the battery had exploded in those theiving f**kers faces. scorchio

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Sorry to hear about it mate. With several components not working it does sound as though a permanent live feed for the battery has gone (either the fuse, or possible the cable has fried). The chances are the same live feed powers the alarm tone and the aircon and maintains radio presets when the car's ignition if off. This might also affect the interior courtesty lights too...

As everyone else has said, check all the fuses throughout the car. Failing that, taking it to an auto electrician is probably your best bet...

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Dave

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damed japanese and their fuses

Thanks guys, I totally forgot about the fuse box in the engine bay until last night. I attempted to check them but it was too dark. After a bit of testing I have come to the same conclusion as some of you guys. I think the first port of call is Halfords and buy a complete set of new fuses. If I am lucky it will be a fuse as everything, barring the cdplayer and antenna, works when the car is on even the radio holds it's presets for 5 minutes. Fingers crossed it is the equivalent of the battery backup that has gone.

At least I'll know a bit more about the electrics by the time I have finished. Worst case I have Abbey on stand by:)

Matt

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed!!!

One 10 amp fuse later and everything is working fine again, thank god. Cheers to the people that chipped in with the advice, particularly the person (who's name escapes me) that posted the R33 fuse box diagram, you are a life saver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts