GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
31,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had a broken steering wheel lock NOT casued by thieves or abuse?

Had a wierd metallic clicking noise appear the other week, which in turn turned into a bit of a clunk at full lock.

now, my steering lock has stopped functioning. i took the steering wheel cowling off but it wasn't obvious how the lock operated?

anyone experianced anything similar?

mook

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
mine does not work anymore yesterday and today sometimes starts otherwise key lamp

·
Administrator
31,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at this again, if it is this pin, is it removable?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
mine does not work anymore yesterday and today sometimes starts otherwise key lamp
the key lamp means 'wiggle the steering wheel please'

The R35 has an electronic steering column lock, because it is push buttom start. On a normal column lock, sometimes you can't turn the key because the preload in the steering column is preventing the pin from disengaging. of course, when this happens, we wiggle the steering wheel and the key turns.
On push button start cars, we don't get the same problem with a key, so the lamp is there to do the same thing.

go try it!

ian

·
Administrator
31,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Point of note. It wasn't the steering lock. See my other thread lol

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
the key lamp means 'wiggle the steering wheel please'

The R35 has an electronic steering column lock, because it is push buttom start. On a normal column lock, sometimes you can't turn the key because the preload in the steering column is preventing the pin from disengaging. of course, when this happens, we wiggle the steering wheel and the key turns.
On push button start cars, we don't get the same problem with a key, so the lamp is there to do the same thing.

go try it!

ian
no sign of that indication, only intelligent key lamp.

fixed in 30 min. look at the other threads.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no sign of that indication, only intelligent key lamp.

fixed in 30 min. look at the other threads.
If you read the owners manual that say the i-key lamp are that the steering lock are not working well, steering lock have a fabric problem, the new models don't come anymore whit this fault parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Disable the sterring lock

Beter are that you take of the off the fuse of the stering lock with the one position or ensure that steering are not locked, the stering lock fuse are located in the ipdm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts