GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An extremely good day out with a good turnout with at least one of all the models (32 on ) and a stagea

We were first out on the track and managed 3 or 4 laps which was enjoyed by all who went out (I think :cool:)

I took mark out in the Stagea who I beleive now wants some AP brakes.

In the afternoon a number of gtrs tackled the hill . All did better than the girl driving the flying Porsche

Last car on the hill was Sams 32 which did a really good demo of why GTRs are not RWD when somehow the awd fuse disconnected itself.

The weather was extremely good bearing in mind what was forecast

All in all a fine day.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
What a fantastic day and turn out!!!

Great to see all the old and new faces:)

Trev - lovely 32 you have there, once I've had the front on mine painted ours could be twins:)

Brian - lol yeah it fell out - sometimes it does that - will need to get it looked at;)

I did a driving course in a Mercedes sl AMG. - phenomenal power and brakes, terrible throttle response and intrusive TC.

Saw 146 degree oil temp and 120 degree water:eek: it went in to limp mode and only gave about half power after only a few mins on track... extremely disappointing engineering, great fun trying to hustle it round though and the instructor was ace:bowdown1:

Makes me realise how good our cars are:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
After a miserable wet journey on the M25 to Tesco the day soon panned out to be superb with hot weather, great GTROC company and a fine selection of club cars.

Neil coordinated our stand with professionalism.:clap:

Always so much to see at Brooklands and this time we spent some time in the Merc building which was very interesting. Maureen did not enjoy my passion for the bus museum.

I'm just about to download some pics and I'll post some if any good.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
After a miserable wet journey on the M25 to Tesco the day soon panned out to be superb with hot weather, great GTROC company and a fine selection of club cars.

Always so much to see at Brooklands and this time we spent some time in the Merc building which was very interesting. Maureen did not enjoy my passion for the bus museum.

Please post away:bowdown1:

Little vid of my last run....:chuckle:

Brooklands Supercar Saturday Hill R32 GTR - YouTube

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
It was nice to meet you all today, great turnout despite the initial weather outlook. Always so much to see at Brooklands as well as the cars that were there today. Love going there and it was nice to be part of the GTROC this time. Here's to the next one!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks like i missed a good day :mad:

Sorry to you all,as i was listed to be on the stand.I looked out the window this morning and it was pissing down,so i decided against it.

Looks like you all had a good day,keep the pics and videos coming :chuckle:

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Firstly a HUGE THANK YOU to Grimblin Gibbon for stepping in today and organising you rowdy rabble in my absence. Well all know what a problem Jack can be at times so nice to see he was kept in check :chuckle: ;) :thumbsup:

Despite me being under blue cloudless skies all day down here in Cornwall I'm glad my recent sacrifices to the weather Gods paid off for you all and that - thankfully - none of you spun off on the demo laps! Well done :D

Sam - just viewed the hill run on YOUTUBE - man, you must have been smoking those rears!

Ace Cafe returns next month people so would be good to see you all there and J.A.E is soon to be advertised as well for the start of September.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts

Totally agree :)

Great to see everyone today, Trev did you do the hill in the end ?

Here are a couple of clips of video from today, enjoy :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
What a great day! My best meeting yet. Great to see everyone, even jack although he did tell me off for cleaning my car:bawling:

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Ignore Jack ... he was just jealous !!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts