GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be heading to bruntingthorpe within the next month for a high speed run or two. I just received details and it suggested there is a noise restriction.

I have a russ fellows / ac speedtech system and downpipes and am a bit apprehensive I wont pass.

Anyone experience of Bruntingthorpe noise limits? Particularly in a noisy GT-R?

Cheers
Mart

·
Registered
165 Posts
I ran my supercharged decatted rs4 with no issues other than on the way back. Once you've done your run, on the way back you'll pass through some planes just take it easy there. I ran 204mph it's really good fun

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
VMax I take it ?

I've been several times in a couple of my previous cars, but not in my GTR. I can highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VMax I take it ?

I've been several times in a couple of my previous cars, but not in my GTR. I can highly recommend it.

Of course not. They clearly state not to talk about it on the forums....

Thanks for the responses, put's my mind at rest. Fitted and bedding in a new set of fronts today and trying to get a copy of my last map sent across which runs a tad more boost that a new map as I think a little more boost will come in handy. Would be nice to crack an indicated 200 and will be fascinated to see what it really pulls (stage 4.25)

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
Actually, they don't. They don't want the date posted up on forums, but that' it.

There was a load of bother a few years ago with the noise police. All the locals were complaining and it stopped for a while. It went to court and the Judge basically called those that who were moaning a bunch on Nimby's. The judge said something along the lines of there's been a airfield here since way before you lot moved in, so you can hardly complain about the noise since you were fully aware of it when you bought your houses.

I did get my Esprit V8 taken off one time because it was a tad loud. But I was running with no rear box, just straight through pipes off the cats.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Thanks for the responses, put's my mind at rest. Fitted and bedding in a new set of fronts today and trying to get a copy of my last map sent across which runs a tad more boost that a new map as I think a little more boost will come in handy. Would be nice to crack an indicated 200 and will be
fascinated to see what it really pulls (stage 4.25)

Your stage 4.25? My car was mapped by Ben linney at a vmax event I'm stage 4 with 90mm dps. I managed to run 198mph, some of the other gtr's running tubs etc were barely beating me. Pm your result once you've been and done it, it's a great event I've ran several cars at it. I'll go back in the new year in my old wb audi b5 and try beat the 204 I ran before. Hopefully there's some exotics for you to show up I wasted loads

I'll add I run a high boost map at my request on that day. You should see around 190-195 indicated. Don't hit the brakes early you'll have plenty braking area if you take the second cut off

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I can imagine that Esprit was loud.

Within the blurb they (apparently) ask for details to be kept between participants and off forums. They aren't specific about what details are ok to share although I notice Craig (the Vmax organiser) put a post up on facebook recently advertising it would be titled Evomax as EVO are sponsoring / supporting the event. Within the advert, which I assume was also printed in the Mag, it gave the date of the next event which I thought strange, considering what we have been talking about above

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am stage 4.25. Had a new map put on recently which is running less boost which is not ideal, plus the old map seems to have been deleted off my COBB which is a pain - so trying to get a copy of that to put back on for the event (running an additional 2 / 2.5PSI boost)

Will let you know how I get on. Sounds like you have had some good times there

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
Yes I can imagine that Esprit was loud.

Within the blurb they (apparently) ask for details to be kept between participants and off forums. They aren't specific about what details are ok to share although I notice Craig (the Vmax organiser) put a post up on facebook recently advertising it would be titled Evomax as EVO are sponsoring / supporting the event. Within the advert, which I assume was also printed in the Mag, it gave the date of the next event which I thought strange, considering what we have been talking about above
The thing that got me with the Esprit was that it had just passed it's MOT a couple of weeks beforehand. So it was legal for the road but not for an airfield. I don't understand that at all.

I was at the one where a 911 went up the bank at the end of the runway and and plod arrived. Just quite what it had to do with Officer Gotcha I don't know. It made the local papers in the area with locals moaning on about "rich kids" driving at stupid speeds. The fact that everyone had paid to drive on a private airstrip as opposed to driving at, in some cases, 200mph+, on the public road completely escaped their tiny brains.

The date thing does sound odd. I know there were problems in the past with people just turning up to watch and getting in the way at the end of the runway. When you're standing on the brakes at 170+ or more the last thing you want is someone titting about in front of you.

I've been 5 times now (Esprit V8 and Noble M12), I think you'll like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts