GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spoken with Bruntingthorpe this morning and am awaiting a final total cost for a day there but it is likely to be around £4 - 4.5k for the day inclusive of marshalls, insurance, etc.

They have the following dates free at the moment:

Sat. 27th Oct.
Sat/Sun. 3/4th Nov.
Sat/Sun. 10/11th Nov.

What do you reckon? Given the costs involved, I guess we'd need 30+ cars so we'd have to open it up to other/another make/s.... How about sharing a day with the Supra club if they were interested??

Although they are supposed to noise test there, given the fact that cars such as 'The Beast' have run there before, I don't suppose it should be an issue.

Let me know?

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cost.

Guy,

I was told that the £3.5k was for the circuit only so excluded marshalling, emergency services, insurance, etc. which we'd need. I've asked for an all inclusive price plus their comments on the noise issue.

All the other negatives (noise tests, dirt, etc.) about this venue may well not make it a viable venue but I thought it worthwhile exploring it....

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, let's see what David says and what response we get from all those new track day addicts first....

Peter.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Brunters

Yeah, I'm there for an hour on Saturday with my company. I've been many times, but I've been told the surface has been improved since last year. I'll be happy to report back next week. BTW Guy, why your obsession with runways? There isn't one in the world that will allow a GT-R to reach top speed from a standing start methinks. If you want to measure acceleration, try Santa Pod, top speed, try an autobahn (or autoroute if you're careful!).
Having said that, Jon Wroe had a great time snapping a shot of the speedo on my R32 reading 285km/h at Brunters after a flying start, back in '96! We subsequently found out that Colin Blower's earlier antics for Jeremy "honorary president" Clarkson had rendered one of my tyres to the same state as Guys after his Max Power-style burnout! Still, what you don't know can't hurt you...:eek:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Brunters

You can get your top speed if the tracks dry allowing you to get a flying start from the entry road onto the main straight,trust me,Ive been to Bruntingthorpe a couple of times too.
I would love to drive as long as the track is clean,count me in please Peter.

Henry.

:smokin:

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brunters.

Glen,

I'd love to but as there's been very little response to the suggestion, it looks like it wouldn't be a viable proposition at the moment... Praps everybody is still getting over the last one?

If any of you are interested in attending a day here, drop me a mail [email protected] and we'll see what the numbers are like.

Cheers.

Peter.

PS. Glen, there ain't a garage anywhere near that sells SUL diesel though! :D

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
just been to brunters

just a quick one, before I go away for a week. Went again on Saturday, there's a bit of new tarmac, but still plenty of stone cipping potential. However, far more suitable for big, heavy cars than the current Kemble layout. Worth booking IMO.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Brunters

Peter,

Don't know if my motor will be in any state to take on the track, but I'm certainly willing to specatate and pay for the pleasure:D ...mind you don't get any ideas about that;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does Bruntingthorpe have a Web site?:)

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Brunters

No it does not have a web site but I do have a introduction pack that they sent me earlier this year.

C.Walton Ltd, are the owners of Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground in Leicestershire.
David Walton is one of the owners. I don,t know him but at least you now have a contact name and e-mail.

Full address is:-
Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome & Proving Ground
Lutterworth
Leicester
England
LE17 5QS
Tel : 0116 2478030/40
Fax : 0116 2478031

The e-mail quoted is [email protected]

Hope this helps guys

Best regards :cool:

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brunters.

Yep, David was the guy who I faxed last week for a price but nothing back yet....

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brunters.

Having spoken to David Walton at Bruntingthorpe, it seems that noise is likely to be an issue with several noisy bastard Skylines screaming about the place. :rolleyes:

Some members have been to B but I would imagine that was on a day with either other makes (read quieter) or with limited numbers of cars running. Add to that the fears that perhaps it may be even dirtier than Kemble was (shouldn't have been) :confused: and the very limited response we've had for a day here, I think it's best to give it a miss this time. :(

But all is not lost, :D I have spoken with Easytrack again about Kemble and the possibility of another day there which will be properly organised with guaranteed time on the runway perhaps a whole afternoon but starting from the other end this time. This would need to be a weekday to ensure that interruptions are neglible. I am certain that the cost will be less than before given that it's a weekday so we not need so many of us to make it viable.

I have not yet been able to track Marcus down but expect to do so by the end of this week for an explanation about the first track day and a discussion about how he intends to make amends.

So what do you reckon? Let me know?

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Any Track Any Time

Peter if we can half as much fun as last time at Kimble I try to be there!

As I am new to this Track stuff, I hope you will let me off this Question Whats wrong with GoodWood for Skyline?

Bruce

Let me out there!!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Goodwood.

Hi Bruce,

Glad to hear it!

Goodwood has one of the tightest noise tests of any circuit n the country which is stringently enforced. I'd be surprised if any Skyline would get on the circuit on one of their quiet days and even struggle on their noisy days. Although last year I did two days there, for some reason this year I've failed the 105 db noise test twice.

It will also be far more expensive to hire.

Peter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks Peter

So how do you find out how noise you are? or do you have to wait till you get there?

On the Bikes we used to put wire wool in the end of the pipe if it was to noise, I guess they are wise to this one now!!

I understand about the cost of a Proper track.

we must start a campaine to get a track opened in the UK like the Ring just drive up to the gate pop your ticket in and away you go!! what fun!!

In England we just have not got it together like some countrys!

there is a half good Race track around Bracknell but the marchels have radar guns and don't have black flags just black books with tickets in :D :D and soem of the pace cars are just not sure were to go:confused: Me thinks you can get away with it on a bike but a cars is a lot harder

Bruce :smokin:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Pay as you Go Trackdays

I second that.. I've just come back from 4 days in France with Continental Cars. We had an open pit day at the Folembray track near Laon for all of Saturday. It peed down for most of the day but was the best track day I've ever had. It seems that the wet surface which bothered the Cobras, Porches, TVR's etc. was meat and drink to the Skyline. Smashing smallish circuit, owned by the local council, with excellent clean surface. Got in 50 laps in 5 sessions. Everyone wanted a go in the Skyline as they were amazed at the speed it managed in the conditions.

The next day, we were told we could just turn up and pay £14 per hour for as long as we wanted. We really need something like that over here.

Vincenzo

·
Registered
29 Posts
David, there is a runway at Area 51 in the States that is approx 6-8 miles long, you should get a Skyline upto full whack there (or a 355), but you might not make yourself too popular!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts