GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleased to announce that the Bubble Meet is back.
After 6 and a half years of monthly meetings the Bubble Inn shut the day after we met in May.
The pub reopened two weeks ago and I have met with the landlord to sort out the fine details. He is very enthusiastic and has promised me good food and drink and has even promised to sort the car park out for me.
I have not tried the food yet but there is a link to a sample menu on the updated bubble meet page here - Bubble Inn Meetings.
I have negotiated a 10% discount on food (not drink) at any time (not just at the meet) when using a Bubble Meet membership card. I will be selling them at my meetings for £1 with half of the money going to Cancer Research UK.
The meeting is just south of Derby in a great location - MAP HERE

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Dave,

I just looked this up on your web site:D
We are definitely considering it, all being well.

It would be good to catch up after Bruntingthorpe. Which was a great day:clap:

We'll confirm next week.:cool:

Simon

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
1) davewilkins
2) SimonF
3) Phil69 +1

As already talked about, count me in on this one Dave. Lookin forward to it. Probably staying over for the night somewhere in the area too as me and the other half are off to Alton Towers the next morning. By the time I pay for fuel there and back, a hotel would be about the same amount anyway and we get a 2 hour lay in at the same time :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
It was a great meet, perfect weather as you said.
Plus more type R's than you could shake a stick at....

So when's the next one....
Oct 11th (After Nottingham Beer festival)
Oct 18th (After the AGM)

Should be able to make either date.
Depending on the state of the hangover:flame::flame:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
October 11th is also the same day of Modified live at Snetterton where there will be a GTR parade lap of the circuit so I know where I'll be :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.