GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a passenger occupancy sensor in the passenger seat , reading on the US forums it is buried in the seat foam and activates the airbag light if not connected , the only way round it is getting another one to connect up

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If there is one what would make it any different from the one in the drivers seat? I was under the impression that the system was easily fooled by putting a resister on the cable ?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not entirely sure mate but the car wont go far without a driver so you wont need one there , i think its for the airbag in the dash for the passenger ?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'm pretty sure the drivers seat has one as well, there have been people that have had issues after changing their drivers seat and the airbag light being on, they had to fit a resistor to make it go away. (that could just be because it's an open circuit actually thinking about it)

I assume the same would be true with the passenger seat? unless the car just fires all the bags irrespective of whether there is a passenger or not ? :S

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get the resistor thing , but this is to make the ecu think the seat airbags are connected , I have just had a brainwave :) ours are probably connected to the seatbelt wiring , i dont think you have to wear them in the US ? So maybe they have done this to US market cars hopefully someone who has fitted some could chime in and say if they had any problems when fitting some

1 - 5 of 5 Posts