GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time of year the front of the car and wing mirrors collect a good sample of invertebrates! Without clay barring, polishing and re waxing every week what do you recommend that will clean off the bug stains left behind by normal washing?

The car is Kuro Black so I don't want to rub the paintwork too hard and I don't want anything that will take off the expensive wax!!

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Thanks, I'll give it a go!
never a problem sir

just mist a little over a minute or two before washing and it will soften then up nicely

an old trick is to soak an old beach towel through and leave for ten minutes before washing

its only blood and guts after all

·
Registered
139 Posts
I usually get rid of the bugs using insect remover.
Google "insect remover".
Soak the bugs, leave it on for a couple of minutes and they wash right off.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried citrus power, it helps but still requires some rubbing to remove the baked on grime which i hate to do on Kuro black!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I tried citrus power, it helps but still requires some rubbing to remove the baked on grime which i hate to do on Kuro black!
i feel your pain brother

have you tried the wet towel trick as above first to soften them up as much as possible ?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i feel your pain brother

have you tried the wet towel trick as above first to soften them up as much as possible ?
No will give it a go.

I normally soak the car, snow foam and rinse and then spray it on and leave it for 5 mins then wash with mit and two bucket.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
No will give it a go.

I normally soak the car, snow foam and rinse and then spray it on and leave it for 5 mins then wash with mit and two bucket.
so your putting the citrus power on a wet car ?

if so you are instantly diluting it - put it on when the car is dry and allow to dwell before foaming you should get better results

paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts