GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I don't have a garage big enough, with help from a friend, we built a car house to keep both my Skylines in over the winter at the front of the house :)

Came out quite well me thinks... What do you think ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks good. Great solution to try protect the cars from the winter conditions.
Maybe stick a centre support under the roof at the front incase you get some snow. :nervous:

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
What he said. Centre support is essential. A foot of snow is ****ing heavy!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
also need to make sure the foundation is solid in case of heavy wind. Massive garden you have though :D

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are central supports, they are just removable to aid getting cars in and out.. :)

Its defo well secure, I used to have the car there under a cover, the wind used to take it off, even when I thought 'that'll never get it' ! So, have gone over kill :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Good effort.

You do need more support for the roof structure to cater for snow loads. Secure the posts to the floor properly too. Ensure all joints are well braced. Wind and snow loads are quite a lot more than we can fathom.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wish I could knock up something like this but you must have a totally different climate to us down there as that would turn in to matchsticks and little shreds of blue up here.
J

·
Registered
892 Posts
i made my temp garage out of black steel scaffold poles (20p per ft) & and old truck curtain sides (free)

now moving it into a unit to finish the build
but it worked like a dream & didn't leak inc when we had all the bad snow

Nigel :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I am sure the creator of the Skyline GTR would be smiling in his freshly laid grave at the lengths we all go to to look after his creations!. Well done both of you. :bowdown1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts