GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst minding my own business trying to turn right across the A4 in thatcham, some berk very nearly wrote off my beloved GTR.

I looked in my rearview mirror, only to see a red van sideways bearing down on me. He clipped the rear of my car and ended up in the verge about 20m head of me.

I think a new rear 1/4 is needed, and some new pants..

After ripping in to him, a motorcyclist travelling the other way pulled up as a witness. He in an ex R32 GTR owner. Bonus..

Still, now I have to go the insurance crap to get the old girl fixed up.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off to Abbey tomorrow for a quote on a repair job..

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,037 Posts
That sucks mate. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
:(

That's not good dude, sorry to see the damage to your car, especially as you were minding your own business and it wasn't even your fault at all.

At least he managed to take semi-avoiding action and only skim the back end. Imagine if he'd ended up 20m past you, but slammed square into the back and took you with him. :eek:

Hope you can get it sorted quickly and easily.

·
R35 Section manager
11,268 Posts
Sorry to hear that Andy. I bet the van driver was popular,after all that hard work you have put into the the 32!?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Bad luck Andy, hope it all gets sorted out quickly. I would be gutted if it was mine..
Berkshire's not shortened to Berks for nothing, ha-ha. Maybe they knew something when they named it !!!!

TT

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
gutted!, think id get quote for carbon fibre panels and try my luck lol, may not be too different in price to genuine nissan new ones imported lol

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
first of all, we all hoped that this wouldnt have happend, but you are damn lucky it didnt get written off! and the EX R32 owner, more luck:D

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Oh Andy, sorry to hear this mate. Thank god you weren't hurt!

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Claire

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I spoke to Uncle Tony @ Abbey and he reckons it can be pulled out, which is far far better than replacing the panel. All the panels are original and I'd have been loathed to have it replaced.

On a slightly more positive note, I can get the little bit of rust done on the rear arch at the same time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
shame about the accident but i wouldn't be to pleased about you posting a picture of my van with all its details including reg number showing if it was me. :(
maybe you could edit that picture.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Sorry to see that but at least its only cosmetic mate.
Well, apart from the pants I guess.

How long before you get her back, any idea.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You can repair the rear 1/4, I would replace personally, but you do what you want. I know what you mean about original parts that came with the car, but remember machines put our cars together not people :) The only way to get rid of rust is to replace and not repair.

Hope you get it sorted soon pal. I hate driving about in a car with damage on.....

:smokin: :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts