GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to get my front bumper repainted.any advice on how to get it off would be much appreciated.cheers john.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Well I could do with the same answer, as mine needs a bit of a respray.

But was wondering whether to take it off and get it resprayed or leave it on the car. The reason I ask this is, will it align as it was from the factory???

And would it be wise to get the lower spoiler sprayed at the same time?? Does it require some flexy primer so the paint doesn't flake off???

Is it worth it on a lowered car???

Cheers

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I have some Scanned pictures of a japanese manual on how to fit an oil cooler which includes pictures on how to remove the bumper. (Originally supplied by Peter E)
I can e-mail them if you PM me your e-mail address :D
Best regards Alan :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 200Sx and it is relatively easy to remove the front bumper. It is also no problem to align the bumper as it came from the factory, you may even get it better! You'll find that there are bolts inside the engine bay and also in front of the wheels towards the front of the front wings. You will also need to remove the plastic protection that lines the wheel arch. It should be relatively easy if you are reasonably mechanically inclined. I removed mine to fit a new front mounted intercooler. Good luck, cheers
Kristian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts