GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As You probably all know, Antony has offered 20% on whiteline products until end of October.

Now, as I need to change the bushings for both front upper control arms, I have decided, since it's a nice upgrade and is really useful, to upgrade all suspension bushings at all. This means, front ones, rear ones and the subframe ones.

Anyway the problem is that some stuff is not really clear!
This is what I have chosen to take:

Rear:
Upper control arm inner/outer bushing – KCA347
Diff support front bushing - W93047
Diff support rear bushing – KDT913
Subframe W92447 (as I understand it the KCA349 is not really needed, is it)?

For the Lower control arm inner bushing I'm not really sure which one I need for the 94 R32 GT-R -> W62012 or W62925

Also, there is this one particular arm which I don't know what it is and which product to use:

As for the front part this is what I've decided to take:

Upper control arm inner/outer bushing – W51219
Lower control arm inner bushing – W53467
Radius/strut rod - to chassis bushing – cannot decide which one should be better: W81956 or KCA332? Probably for the KCA332 I need to keep the original bushing housing?

So, another question is, is that all or do i need anything else as I want to have a complete package!?

I was thinking to get the sway bars as well but I think that those have the same diameter as the original one and the only benefit would be that those are adjustable. What's Your opinion on this?

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
RoB

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Good plan. As for the rear subframe you don't need the other bushes, they're used to adjust the squat angle for maximum traction to maximum drift. I have their rear subframe bushes and think they're excellent. I just wish the diff rear cradle ones were about when I did mine as the Nismo ones were ££££!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Each of the rear suspesnion links (excepting the bottom arm) has two bushes. One on the arm itself, the second bush is housed within the hub carrier/knuckle.

Many people replace the bush in the arm (often by just replacing the arm). Not so many bother replacing the bush in the hub carrier.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this means that there is the upper link (for the camber) with 2 bushings, the front link (for the toe) (see the picture in the 1st post) which also needs 2 bushings and the lover link which has 2 bushings on the inner side and a joint on the outer one?
I have attached some pictures and as written in the first post, what is the link in the picture from the first post? Is this the toe link?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
So this means that there is the upper link (for the camber) with 2 bushings, the front link (for the toe) (see the picture in the 1st post) which also needs 2 bushings and the lover link which has 2 bushings on the inner side and a joint on the outer one?
I have attached some pictures and as written in the first post, what is the link in the picture from the first post? Is this the toe link?

Thanks!
First pic (top left) is the lower arm. You have two bushes on the arm and the kingpin.

The second pic (donut shaped thing) is the top link (camber link). The below pic is an aftermarket item with spherical bearings which hopefully are easier to understand where the bush would be.

Again referring to the above picture versus your third picture. The right most link (in my pic) is the traction rod. Again one bush/joint on the arm.

I don't have a picture of the hub knuckle but that would be where the second bush would be found in each case.

Finally unless I'm misundertanding you toe would be set via the HICAS rods.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect, this makes things more clear but there is only one thing left because either I'm stupid or I really didn't understood.

Viewing the whiteline homepage I see that this is the set for the rear upper control arm:
Whiteline KCA347 Toe arm - lower inner & outer bushing (toe correction)

So, after viewing more pictures and after Your explanation, it's very unlogical for me, why there are inner and OUTER bushings for the upper control arm? This can't be correct and in the meanwhile I think the correct set for me (and for any other R32 GT-R owner) would be this one: Whiteline W62544 Control arm - upper inner bushing (camber correction)

And, interestingly, i can't find the correct bushing for the traction rod.

Btw., for the lower control arm there are 2 different bushing sizes:
Whiteline W62012 Control arm - lower inner bushing
and
Whiteline W62925 Control arm - lower inner bushing

As I can't access my car for the next few weeks, what would be the correct size for my 94 GTR?

Thanks Cris!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Each link does have two bushes. One bush on the arm itself, the other in the hub carrier.

The below is a pic of a hub carrier (I think for a 200SX). Not quite the same but similar. The right hand (orange) carrier has the bushes clearly fitted.

I'd imagine that the camber offset from the bush comes from having the centre of the bush offset. If you only changed one bush you could only have half as much adjustment (i.e. not much).

No idea why there are two different bushes for the lower arm. I've not changed mine. If I was to do so I'd probbably go the whole hig and change the entire arm for one of the spherical bearing versions.

Might be worth an email to Whiteline if you are intersted in buying them. I'm sure that they'll clear it up for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts