GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So decided to get baby out after winter and take her for a ride round north Yorkshire and butter tubs pass. Never really ventured up that way and been from West Yorkshire carnt believe how beautiful it is. Awsome roads was a bit foggy but a good day out with a few squeaky bum moments and a few upset and gutted bikers but no points on licence ?

Attachments

·
Ooo Matron !
2,120 Posts
Here's a couple of one of my previous personal conveyances taken at the Butter Tubs pass a few years ago (the missus's parents live a few miles away):

·
Premium Member
5,860 Posts
So decided to get baby out after winter and take her for a ride round north Yorkshire and butter tubs pass. Never really ventured up that way and been from West Yorkshire carnt believe how beautiful it is. Awsome roads was a bit foggy but a good day out with a few squeaky bum moments and a few upset and gutted bikers but no points on licence ?
Quality!

·
R35 Section manager
10,890 Posts
That looks quite a place.

I was looking at getting a Noble before my 35-I was purely put off by them not being practical enough.

How would you compare it to your 35?

·
Ooo Matron !
2,120 Posts
That looks quite a place.

I was looking at getting a Noble before my 35-I was purely put off by them not being practical enough.

How would you compare it to your 35?
I owned it for 6 years, so I clearly liked it a lot.

They are completely impractical No boot either front or rear. The only space is behind the seats and small parcel shelf. You could get a squahy bag and that was about it. It meant we never went away in it that much as the missus was not happy about the lack of luggage space. (Hence I changed to an Aston).

But it's completely different to the GT-R. I had a 6-speed one (you may notice it's a GTO3 and not a GTO3-R, but a few had 6 speed boxes). It has power steering but that's it. No traction control, no ABS, nothing like that. And only two buttons - one to start the engine and one to turn the fog lights on and off. It's as far away from a GT-R as you can get. It's basically a metal space frame with an engine strapped in the back and a plastic shell covering it !

The do go like bloody hell mind you. I ended up with 375bhp and 375 lb/ft, but it's just about 1050kg.

There were two main reasons I changed it; a) luggage space (As above) and b) it was getting old and I was reading too many things going wrong with it as stuff started to corrode etc (see problems in next post).

·
Ooo Matron !
2,120 Posts
That's my question too, are they reliable enough?
In 6 years:

New clutch under warranty (after a couple of months).

Starter motor failed twice. I paid for the first one, it went again (after about 2 years) but the dealer sent it back and kicked up a fuss with Noble/Ford, so that did not cost me anything.

The battery used to go flat very quickly and set the alarm off, normally in the middle of the night. I trickle charger fixed that.

When I first had it, if it had been out in a lot of rain, after a few miles it was spit and cough and almost die but would keep driving. It seems it had water in the plug wells and also one of the lambda sensor connections. The dealer sorted all that out and it was fine after that.

So actually very little went wrong in 6 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts