GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my engine has a slight rod knock and I want to build it up... however I've yet to drive my car this year, and I don't want to lay it up again...

So I was thinking if I could find a pre-built block and use mine as a core it would save a lot of time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who may sell pre- built performance orientated short or long block... with or without a core exchange?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Although I've never seen short/half RB26 engine for sale, you could have one built for you.

I think it would be cheaper for you to get a local engine builder to do it and you source the parts.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
XS Engineering in California has an R33 short block they can sell - I had asked them about it before but I ended up getting a long block from Japan...dunno what I'm going to do with the extra R32 head I've got, the bottom end is right buggered to hell though :p

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don't think it's wise using a standard R33 block to go 2.8.I think you need at least an N1 block or a nismo block

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Fuggles's car use's a seasoned standard block with his 2.8 and it has now started to use loads of water as the block has become porous.

Would not recommend standard block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts