GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on buying second hand guys?

I am looking at buying an 09 or newer UK car and according to PistonHeads and Autotrader I can save up to £8k on GTRs that have done around 5k miles over a new one.

My real concern is how do I know it hasn't been launched which will ruin my warranty?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's not launching that void your warranty, it's switching VDC off when the situation doesn't dictate (eg mud/snow) and that then leading to a failure.

You can ask for a post track day inspection to be done. Someone said it costs around £75. That will reset your warranty as such. And give you some peace of mind. The other option is to have the 6k service done a little earlier by the person you are buying it from.

Aside: As far as i'm aware all the cars still have Launch Control - just a more sympathetic version AKA LC2.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
You only need worry about LC if the car is a Japanese Domestic Market 'JDM' car or an import of an 08 car from the US.

Euro cars have a lower impact LC still.

Then it's the usual stuff; alloys, front splitter etc

Also be aware of spec differences re kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.