GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing a silver 59 plate with 33k on it. It has stage 1 (need to ask where this is was done) 2 owners and it's in fantastic condition

The trader is giving me 6 months warranty also which can be extended.

Is there anything I need to check when viewing or test driving it next week?

I'm currently a c63 owner but having done a track day in a gtr it has to be changed!!

Any info on it would be great

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm interested in purchasing a silver 59 plate with 33k on it. It has stage 1 (need to ask where this is was done) 2 owners and it's in fantastic condition

The trader is giving me 6 months warranty also which can be extended.

Is there anything I need to check when viewing or test driving it next week?

I'm currently a c63 owner but having done a track day in a gtr it has to be changed!!

Any info on it would be great
It would be worth checking if it comes with satnav as that adds quite a bit value to it

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Check how much life is left on the break pads, discs and tyres? If these all need replacing you could be looking at a 3.5-5.5k bill depending on what spec you go for.

Does the audio system have sound, they are prone to failing on earlier cars, Nissan charge 8k for a new system but the aftermarket can fix it for some 1k?

Has the bellhousing been replaced under warranty? Most go on early cars and the symptom is a loud rattle on idle.

There was a steering lock recall last year, was the work done?

Is there a cobra tracker fitted? If the subscription has lapsed there are issues with the tracker sometimes disabling the car so it wont start and is a real pain to sort out.

Check for water in the passanger footwell . Under the front pasanger floor mat is a compartment where the locking wheel nut etc lives, some cars have leaked water into here.

If there is any paint work to do to tidy the car up make sure the seller pays for it. The silver paint is seriously expensive.

Check if the headlamps are misted up, its very expensive to buy replacements

Has the car had a new battery, by that age the factory battery will now be very weak and can go flat very quickly.

Its a 5 year old car now, does the suspension knock? Nissan charge 1k a corner to replace.

·
Registered
38 Posts
having just bought an 09 with 33k on it I was most interested in the history , it has 6 Nissan services and I called the regular dealer to check it had never had any issues with it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to see it tomorrow

What am I looking for regarding the discs and pads?

It has full history with Middle hurst nissan 2 owners

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the photos the discs look aftermarket has they haven't got the 'drilled holes' they just look plain all the way round, flat smooth surface all round?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi, If you PM me the registration number or chassis number I will see what I can remember tonight or ring me in the morning and I will check it for you.

John
01744 26681

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
It would be worth checking if it comes with satnav as that adds quite a bit value to it
B*ll*x

£100-00 Garmin and it's better than the Nissan Sat Nav !!:chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
I know I did the GTRC Euro trip !!!

·
R35 Section manager
10,708 Posts
I've used the built in sat navs and they are not as good as a Tomtom live.

How do you update the maps on the built in navs?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts