GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im after buying a skyline gtr r33 at the end of this new year or the next just want to know if its going to be harder than it is now to pick one up.
Im after a midnight purple r33 non high miles,std, budget wiill be £8000 probley push to 9000 for the one.

Silly question maybe but would just like to know incase

·
Registered
571 Posts
Although I can't advise you as best as other people on here, I do think you are going to have the hardest of times whether it be now or in the future to find a low-mileage R33 (especially MP) for £9000 which is of course Standard... You may find one with a Re-Built engine with low mileage, but that may not be what your looking for?

Have a look around the forum cars for sale to get a better idea for prices, but really for that sort of money you will probably get a R33 with quite a few mods on it, Stage 1 etc.. i.e. Non-Standard with medium/high mileage.

Oh and many owners seem reluctant (unless desperate) to sell, as of now as they aren't getting anywhere near what they would be worth on a good day.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem with your budget if you can stretch to £9000

by std do you mean un-modified? if you do you might struggle to find a Midnight purple, un-modified and low mileage but if your patient you may find one

I wanted exactly the same this time last year or there abouts and was prepared to wait and eventually found one end of Feb after about 5 months of searching. R33 GT-R Midnight purple completely std only covered 37,000 miles well pleased

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I can understand the attraction of a low mileage car but the majority of 33's will be getting to the refresh/rebuild stage by now. If they've had one (from a decent tuner) mileage doesn't matter and if it hasn't then getting it refreshed will mean you can enjoy the car without worrying about an imminent oil pump / turbo failure.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i reckon the best time to buy was late 2008, early 2009 - bargains galore....i think now we seein owners holding firm...

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Your get a stage 1 car for that-so 400+ bhp.What you need to do is work if thats enough as its big bucks to tune it to the 500bhp mark.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
hehe you say 400hp is enough now, give it a few weeks, well or in my case days! :D

hope you find the right one

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
i thiink the lower prices fall, the less cars there will be. i certainly wouldn't take £8000 for my stage 1 33, even if thats all its worth. Rather put it into storage if the time ever came that i couldn't afford to run it, than sell it for pennies

mook

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think to get a nice tidy r33 gtr you need to pay around 10-12 grand at least for a stage 1 i brought one for 8500 two years ago i have had nothing but grief beware theirs no such thing as a cheap gtr as i have found out you buy cheap you buy twice so long term its cheaper to pay a little more.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
As others have mentioned on older cars mileageis is less of an issue than condition. The car will be 15 odd years old so you might as well buy which has had the work done than fork out in a years time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts