GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i will be buying a GTR in the next few days from nissan westway, but something is concerning me, there is a small pin dent on the top of the car but the salesman says that all GTRs have this, am i being mugged over here or is this guy right. Please help me guys.

Thank you.

·
Vendor
2,335 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a story. I've had three gtr's and don't recall factory dents.

They probably want the car paid for and gone.

If it's factory ask them to put it in writing and await there answer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a bit of a story. I've had three gtr's and don't recall factory dents.

They probably want the car paid for and gone.

If it's factory ask them to put it in writing and await there answer.

Its above the door on the roof rail, i cant recall seeing any dents on any other GTRs that i have seen. The Guy at west way say its a sway arm or something like that.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
The Guy at west way say its a sway arm or something like that.
Go in there there and ask him to close his eyes and stick his tongue out. Then get your office stapler out and staple the end of the lying ****ers tongue. When he's finished yelping, tell him that should teach him a lesson about bullshitting.

Seriously, is there no end to what car salesmen will do and say to close a deal?

What a tosser.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Its above the door on the roof rail, i cant recall seeing any dents on any other GTRs that i have seen. The Guy at west way say its a sway arm or something like that.
I think you have your answer right there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm paying 60k for a car and it has a dent and also bubbles of rust under the wing mirror. Am I actually insane?? Its a 15 plate with 6000 miles on it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wouldn't be hard to get a dent out. Tell him you'd want both the dent and rust sorted before buying or you'd happily walk away

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wouldn't be hard to get a dent out. Tell him you'd want both the dent and rust sorted before buying or you'd happily walk away

Its a low mileage car and never been launched or abused but the rust is concerning and the dent in such a new car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I definitely wouldn't be lifting it until sorted to be honest. Saying you'll happily honour the deal once sorted is more then fair in my eyes

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I definitely wouldn't be lifting it until sorted to be honest. Saying you'll happily honour the deal once sorted is more then fair in my eyes
That's what I'm thinking as well, I want the car only because of its low mileage and it's in black and it has warranty and also I can extend the warranty with them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mate, you need to take a breath and check yourself. You're talking about buying a £60k car with a dent and rust.... Are you mental? Not saying the car isn't worth having, but like the other posters have said you need it fixed before you buy it.

I know what happens in a man's brain. You just want to get in the beauty and rag it off into the sunset, but it really is worth taking your time to get it done right.

Also, don't bank on Nissan providing a great warranty. From what I hear they'll try and dodge a payout if the opportunity presented. You can even buy private and have a warranty added by Autotorque or Litchfield. Know who I'd trust more but that's just me...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
60K for a car that isn't perfect...... are you crackers? Get them to sort it and then go pick it up, can you really trust a dealer to sort it our retrospectively when they feed you lines like "All GT-R's have a dent there" what a prick, should give him a slap just for that comment!

In fact I probably insist on dealing with a different sales person, probably the most junior in the office so the youngen got the commission for the sale, that'll bloody teach him!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts