GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Looking to buy a GTR tomorrow, from this trader, has anyone had any experience or know the history of this GTR?

Number plate is VO12 LXK

Driveline motors and performance.

I tried posting a link but it wont let me

Im taking my mechanic but just wondering if there is anything i should look out for

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
So if its a 2012 car its still in warranty if it hasn't been modified so I wouldn't worry too much.

Just make sure the tyres, discs and pads have enough wear on them or it will be a 3 - 5k bill to replace them all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks so basically the tyres, discs and pads needs to be checked cars done 10,000miles so im hoping the discs arent too bad

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
get them to take it to Nissan and get a ECU read out to check transmission temps and see how many launches it's had if any, this will give you a good indication of if its been well used or not.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Driveline sell alot of high end cars, which is a plus point as they would have experience in the higher end of the market. I did enquire about one when I was looking for a GT-R last year with them. Only went as far as a phone call, but they seemed polite enough, emailing me more details and more pictures I asked for also.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay good, I'm glad you have heard of them, i didn't want them to be some cowboy company that no one has heard of or are a bunch of scammers, I have seen there fleet and there are a few fair nice cars

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tbh ive just done a google search on them, seems as if they deal with insurance write offs and patch them up , sigh, will have to look somewhere else

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I haven't but when I used google , i found enough on them to put me off..... I have not heard one good thing, makes sense as to why its so cheap for what it is .

There is a 2011 from another trader named West London Motor Group. Anyone had any experiences?

Also can someone tell me the brief difference between a 2011 and 2012.
Also i know a MY 11 has day time running lights, is this the only way of telling that its a MY11 ?

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Search, search, search

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay will check it out in a bit,

Can someone confirm that all GTR's with the facelift ie Daylight running lights are MY 2011?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Get some datails posted up
Also you get your posting numbers up. then you can get photos on here.

Top man and good luck,

Goldie

·
Registered
41 Posts
I drove all the way to London to WLMG Nissan Mill hill to look at a MY11 at £49k on Thursday. After 2 mins I was back in my car heading north.

Paint work was awful ( I know the GTR paint work isnt the best) swirls, scratches, chips etc, front spoiler lip all scratched, tyres down to the wear indicators, no tax. 3 wheel caps missing as was the towing eye etc. etc...

Whilst I was looking there was a cleaning section with a black 350z being wiped over with dry cloths so I can see where all the swirls come from. Almost as bad as stratstone BMW in Derby.

Factor in the tyres & tax & god knows what else it would be another few K's on top to get it up to anything like but having seen the sorry state of the car to begin with was enough for me to know that the previous owner didn't care.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought the one from WLMG.

Tbh the reason why it was missing the tow cap and wheels caps etc is because he said there were people trying to steal parts off of various cars. The paint work tbh isn't as bad as you said I did see the minor scratches and marks.

Tyres were poor though , however they offered me a re spray/claybar/mop and 4 tyres + 2 brake discs with pads. I took my tuner to check the car via a test drive a visual inspection and also underneath , if he says a car is clean then its good enough for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts