GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so when i get round to buying an R35 id like a 60 plate but what i wanna know is, is it best to go for a newer one or an older one, when i get the money id like to spend 50k help!!

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
60 plate is good. Get yourself a stage 5+ car and then spend the money you have saved, detuning it to stock which will increase residual value. That's where the clever money would be spent.

·
R35 Section manager
11,259 Posts
60 plate is good. Get yourself a stage 5+ car and then spend the money you have saved, detuning it to stock which will increase residual value. That's where the clever money would be spent.

Good thinking or buy a push bike with an electric motor and tune it to 600 horses.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Okay so when i get round to buying an R35 id like a 60 plate but what i wanna know is, is it best to go for a newer one or an older one, when i get the money id like to spend 50k help!!
Out of a newer 60 plate or an older 60 plate I'd aim somewhere in the middle. ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just checking something, when exactly are you looking to buy the GT-R as you're only 19 at the moment so the insurance would be mental.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
It's not buying it that will cripple you but running it. Cars like this can't really be run on a tight budget, they'll take every bit of spare cash you have.
That's not quite true I'm finding it hard buying a mint one I just can't find it :mad:

·
R35 Section manager
11,259 Posts
That's not quite true I'm finding it hard buying a mint one I just can't find it :mad:

You need to up your budget mate as cars in good condition go for £36/7k so a mint one is going to be over £40k as it will be low mileage

·
R35 Section manager
11,259 Posts
Who said what my budget was??
Its just when a mint car is posted up at £40-43k you don't go and view it but when theres one around £36/7k you say its not mint enough hence my opinion above.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Its just when a mint car is posted up at £40-43k you don't go and view it but when theres one around £36/7k you say its not mint enough hence my opinion above.
Evogoef has been looking at MY12's so I think it must be a open budget, not that it's any of my business... I guess he's looking for the right car and I suppose you got to if it's for a show car....

1 - 20 of 77 Posts