GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I'm new to the comunity so please forgive me my lack of knowledge.
Just sold my RS6 and looking to buy a gt-r.
My 2 choices are a 2015 with 16k miles-standart 550hp with absolutly no mods and a 2010 940hp fully modified with 90k miles on chassis but 10k miles after built with hks800 full kit, forged engine and trans with dodson gear set. Both similar price with the older one being slightly more expensive.
With which would you guys go with???

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
I would go and test drive both and see what you prefer. A 940hp 10 plate would be a beast, but the inside of the 15 plate would be miles better.

I've just sold my 09 plate to get an Rs6 Avant. How long did you have yours for and what year was it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine was 2014 40k miles daytona grey. I had it for a few months. Very nice car. I also have a 2002 RS6 avant moded to 520hp. Also quit fast.

What do you mean the inside? The interior?

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
Mine was 2014 40k miles daytona grey.

That's what I'm thinking of getting in that colour as well. Why did you only have if for a few months?

Yes the interior of the car will be better in the newer car, however ever the 2009 was nice

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I sold it because I had enough fun with it. Totaly different from the gt-r, great quality interior, smooth ride. If you're thinking about getting one, get it and you won't be disappointed. Below are some pictures of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I get the newer one I'm not sure if I wanna mod it, but the owner of the older one says that moding his gt-r cost him 60K£. Does it really cost so much to reach over 900bhp?

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
I sold it because I had enough fun with it. Totaly different from the gt-r, great quality interior, smooth ride. If you're thinking about getting one, get it and you won't be disappointed. Below are some pictures of mine.

Very nice-That would suit me perfectly

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
If I get the newer one I'm not sure if I wanna mod it, but the owner of the older one says that moding his gt-r cost him 60K£. Does it really cost so much to reach over 900bhp?
£60k does seem a bit on the high side.

Looking at SRD's prices it looks to be nearer £30k but it would of course depend on what the guys car has had fitted in comparison?

https://www.srdtuning.com/gtr-servicing/

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
There are a lot of lovely cars out there but a GTR is a GTR and you'll miss it soo much when it's gone... Been there done got a wardrobe full of T shirts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Says that the forged gearbox with dodson was £30k alone. Then it has hks gt800 full kit, Ecutek software, Asnu 1050, full GTC exhaust, forged Cosworth pistons and rods and more..

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are a lot of lovely cars out there but a GTR is a GTR and you'll miss it soo much when it's gone... Been there done got a wardrobe full of T shirts
is it really such a car???
If so I can't wait to put my hands on one.. most likely the 2015.
Most reasonable...

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
You maybe right but take a look at these when you have a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bJjARTdKXk&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuTZSekmu3w&t=16s

Looking forward to a test drive.
The Rs6 is fantastic car i have to agree and they extremely quick no doubt but everytime i think about getting one i feel it's an estate car and doesn't Carry the same feeling and credibility as a gtr and to be completely honest i think we all get a bit of a buzz from the attention and respect that the gtr id given by admirers.

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
is it really such a car???
If so I can't wait to put my hands on one.. most likely the 2015.
Most reasonable...
In my opinion fantastic value for money and spanks most cars two to three times its price

·
R35 Section manager
10,644 Posts
You maybe right but take a look at these when you have a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bJjARTdKXk&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuTZSekmu3w&t=16s

Looking forward to a test drive.
The Rs6 is fantastic car i have to agree and they extremely quick no doubt but everytime i think about getting one i feel it's an estate car and doesn't Carry the same feeling and credibility as a gtr and to be completely honest i think we all get a bit of a buzz from the attention and respect that the gtr id given by admirers.
Yes it's not as sporty looking and certainly you will get more attention in one than the Rs6 but did you see the differences in the times on the 2nd video- There was nothing in it.

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
Yes it's not as sporty looking and certainly you will get more attention in one than the Rs6 but did you see the differences in the times on the 2nd video- There was nothing in it.
I agree and with like mrc stage two map you can achieve like 750hp but personally id take a stock eba car any day... But i do love the compliments and attention and the power aswell of course.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts