GTR Forum banner

Buying A New Skyline :squintdan

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  HypoGXII 
#1 ·
Hello Guys,

I've finally decided to get down and dirty and get a Nissan Skyline.

My dream has always been to own a R34 GT-R, and it looks like I may finally get my chance.

I'm wondering if someone will help me with my selection. I've found a car, but as always, I don't want to be taken advantage of. So if there are any guru's here who are interested to assist, I'll post all the details of the car that is for sale.

Please help :)

#3 · (Edited)
Sorry, perhaps I should have first said that I'm from Moscow, Russia.

Naturally, the AD is in Russian. But what I CAN do is translate what was written in the ad for you, so here we go...

First off, a little about the car, as advertised, it's ran for about 35,000 KM.

It's advertised as a Nissan Skyline GT-R V SPEC II, but from the pictures I can see the NUR tag in the back .

The specs are posted in Russian, So I will try my best to translate them for you

Engine : Gasoline 2600CC (RB26DETT)
Transmission : Manual 6SPEED
Drive: Full (4WD) [ATTESA]
Specs:
Nissan Skyline GT-R VSPEC II November 2001
2600 Twin Turbo (400 HP)
6 ST. Getrage / HKS-cooler (110mm)
inlet GREDDY, Issue BLITZ NUR V-SPEC
3 sl.aluminium radiator (KOYO)
TRUST GREX-oil cooler
Adhesion G-MAX NISMO (New)
TOMEI Fuel Pump 290L
Nuleviki APEXI
Headlights XENON
Brake Brembo
Kit Nismo (firm)
Dashboard NISMO (Up to 320 KM/H)
Boost 1.2 (easily)
Speed Restriction: 200km/h :(
limits turnover 8300 rpm/min
carbon fiber hood
Nimso carbon fiber pads on racks
carbon rear lower diffuser
casting ENKEY, tires Yokohama ADVAN 275/35R18 (NEW)
and everything else that should be in the GT-R

#8 · (Edited)
Is the car registered yet? Normally the Year of manufacture is what is in the Japanese document and homologatio papers. If the car has been manufactured in November 2001 it is a 2002 model. the MY for a car released in the following year is manufactured in November/December of the year before. Do you have an egine bay photo?

The Nuerburgring Edition GT-R

The remarkable difference between the standard RB26DETT engine and this special engine is material of the turbochargers.Nür. edition uses N1-based roller bearing metal turbochargers instead of the standard ceramic turbochargers.This turbocharger provides remarkable performance at high revs compared with standard turbochargers.Further, Nür. edition has N1-based reinforced engine block, N1 based reinforced piston and con-rods, N1-based piston rings, N1-based oil pump, N1-based water pump, N1-based exhaust manifold and N1-based reinforced intercooler rubber hose.Furthermore, this engine is hand made at the Nissan racing engine division(NISSAN KOHKI), and they use balanced pistons, conrods and crankshaft.It is very similar scheme to making racing engine.
Nür. edition has not only exclusive engine but also several exclusive equipment.
At first, Nür. edition has 300km/h full-scaled speedos. Nissan used the same speedos during the test in Nurburgring.
The exclusive emblem is given for Nür. edition.
The standard emblem is just sticker, but this Nür. emblem is 3d cast.
Further, Nür. edition has gold coloured VIN plate instead of standard blue plate. M-spec Nür. has several different equipment from V-specII Nür.

2002.02 : As the final limited-production series of the R34 Skyline GT-R, the Nür. series was introduced in Japan. The feature of the GT-R Nür. is a highly accurate engine which improved the weight balance such as pistons and con-rods which are the main parts of the engine based on the N1 specification engine installed in the Nurburgring 24 hour race and a domestic Super Taikyu race.

Marking the end of the R34 GT-R, is the 2002 Skyline Nür. The name stands for Nürburging, which hints at the car's racing pedigree.

It's the engine sets the Nür apart from any other Skyline. It is based on the N1 racing unit which has a specifically prepared block, pistons and connecting rods. Unrestricted, the N1 engine will push 450 BHP. With a little tuning, the engine could far exceed that. To meet legal regulations, Nissan has restricted and rated the car to 340 BHP.

900 of these specially prepared skylines will be offered, all of which have been pre-purchased. Good to see the last of the mighty R34's go out in style.

GTR NUR spec and M-spec the options they came with. The GTR M-spec were the final run of the current style of GTR'sOnly 900 were made the engine has the capacity to produce 330kw or 450 ps in stock guise. Their prices are much higher second hand and new because of the exclusivity. They are beautifully finished in a striking bronze with a rich leather interior.
In February 2002, Nissan released a limited edition car called "Nür", named after the Nurburgring circuit, and equipped with an N1 racing specification engine. 900 units of the "Nür" were produced in all. Marketed as the last GT-R to equip a straight 6 engine, all 900 were sold-out in one day, attesting to its incredible popularity. The new 2000 gas regulation forced Nissan to end production of the GT-r in August 2002, however the glory of this ultimate sports car lives on.

Check out the link below.

http://bnr34.multiply.com/video/item/10

#14 ·
Great, the price haggling begins soon!

What would be a good offer price? He told me the price is negotiable, and the price he stated was 31.5k GBP.

Also he hooked me up with the VIN number, but I do not have the means of checking the history of said VIN number.

#21 ·
I'd definitely get some photos of the vin plate & engine bay, before offering money. No offence to anyone posting on here, but it's not their £30k!

I appreciate people change interiors, but if the interior is standard grey, why change from a Vspec II black interior?

It looks like there's been some tarting up -wing mirrors, bonnet etc - maybe the preiovus owner tried to make the car look like a NUR (different bumper) and that's why there are no photos of the engine bay?

It doesn't mean the car is not worth the money, just make sure you know exactly what you're bidding on and without engine bay/vin plate info, NOBODY can be 100% sure unless they already know the car:nervous:

#22 ·
Ok, based on his description of the engine colour and the VIN colour, It is not a NUR. It is, as he has initially advertised a V-SPEC II. I suppose that's kind of good that he advertised it as a V-SPEC II despite the fact that there is a NUR tag in the back of the car.

Anyways, I have requested pictures, and he has promised to mail it to me after New Years (naturally, considering it's a national obligation to get drunk on new years).

Will get back to you soon,

Happy New Years, All!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.