GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

All any advise would be greatly appreciated, I have been lurking a while and picked up a lot of information and looking now to buy.

Looking to view a GTR next week. MY10

Car looks very clean and well looked after covered 20K

Feb 2011 G2 11k Optimization carried out

Sept 2011 G1 14K 3rd year

March 2012 G3 16K

Sept 2012 G1 17K

March 2013 G2 18k 3rd year

Nov 2013 G1 20k

How does that look for servicing correctly?

Its had the steering wheel issue recalled

all pads/disks replaced March 2012 so about 4K ago should I account for these soon??

Newish tyres

No mention of bellhousing is it an issue with the MY10?

Does look to be out of warranty.

Its kuro black, has chips on front bumper? what sort of cost am i looking at for a bumper respray? Is the paint very expensive like Ultimate silver?

THANKS!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks like it had missed a service early on. Shouldve had one before 11k miles. Depends how you drive the car to how long the pads and discs will last. You should get at least 20k miles out of them normsl road use. Bellhousing can affect any car at anymiles.
Get the car fully up to temperature,put it in neutral and hold the revs st about 2.5k and see how bad it rattles/vibrates. They all do it abit so unless you know whats bad and whats normal it might be difficult fir you to tell.
My 09 car is on 26k miles and the bellhousing is still quiet as a mouse!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would have the one before 11k in tailed ?

Is it a big issue it's been missed ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY10??

car has 10 in the reg

has touch sat/nav ipod dvd etc

the vin has 10 in it?

car was 1st registered in march 2010? year of manufacture 2010

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input

any ideas if its defiantly a MY10?

everything says it is but from reading post states its only a MY10 if it has 12 in the vin this does not?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Bellhousing can't really be diagnosed by listening, mine was replaced at the first service (9k miles) but rattled like a bag of spanners immediately following replacement.

Looks like the first owner missed the first optimisation aswell as first service. Might be able to knock a few quid off for that.

I would want to check to see if it's been running higher than standard boost or was previously modified. Some are being sold as standard after the mods have been removed and power returned to normal. I guess looking at the flickr data will show oil temp history etc to see whether it's been tracked or just road driven, I'm not sure if will show launch history but have heard it does.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bellhousing can't really be diagnosed by listening, mine was replaced at the first service (9k miles) but rattled like a bag of spanners immediately following replacement.

Looks like the first owner missed the first optimisation aswell as first service. Might be able to knock a few quid off for that.

I would want to check to see if it's been running higher than standard boost or was previously modified. Some are being sold as standard after the mods have been removed and power returned to normal. I guess looking at the flickr data will show oil temp history etc to see whether it's been tracked or just road driven, I'm not sure if will show launch history but have heard it does.
How do you check the flickr data? do i need to plug something into it? or done onboard any guides?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Mine's always printed off at a service by the NHPC, but there are guys on here that have the necessary wotsit thingy to plug in :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts