GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was looking at adding some carbon parts to the GTR, has anyone any experience with these sellers on ebay? is it real carbon fibre? thanks for any help.

zenaracing
Carbon Fiber Spoiler Nissan GTR R35 VR38 Full GT Wing on eBay (end time 18-Jul-09 21:00:00 BST)

or - driftracingcompact
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler for Nissan Skyline R35 GTR on eBay (end time 23-Jul-09 10:47:20 BST)

or - luffey_and_cooler
Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop For Nissan Skyline R35 GTR on eBay (end time 02-Aug-09 00:55:37 BST)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Zena racing..... I have that spolier on my GTR, and I love it.

Drift racing and other seller..... No idea...

That other pieces look a little homemade so I would pass.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
the ones posted look like hong kong craftmanship. not terrible but its a gamble. you may get something good you may not.

the best bang for your buck is going to be password:JDM. they have everything at down right low costs for the best quality and lightness, plus inovation and they have a gtr, they speek english, they look to the community to make what they want, etc etc etc.

the guy doesnt make any money off the carbon fiber he makes, he just does it because him and his friends own these cars and want to make them full carbon fiber. Steve's lambo is nearly all carbon fiber and its freaking awesome.

anyways, they have everything in development, recent announcement was the new front lip with modular design so you can add air ducts to the bottom and more. plus its got honey comb layer for being stronger. they litterly take a baseball bat to it, drop tehse parts off buildings and hit curbs all day for research. not to mention its all dry carbon so its lighter weight than anything else labled as carbon fiber.

they have a wing thats proven to be better than the stock. they have a staff thats already been in the aero industry so they know what works.

then there is the japanese carbon, of which might be slighty better depending on the manufacture in japan... like mines and shadow sports to name a few. zele is not bad but they had a few incidents with quality sadly, plus they get so many orders the time to get stuff IF it has to be ordered takes a while (tho some importers stock them because of this).

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
mindlessoath, the problem is shipping/paperwork it costs a lot landed in the UK from the US

a recent $450 item cost £300 to get to the UK!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think 99 pct of us buy CF to make the car look better. Think only a few of us care/will notice the weight saving. If you want to make the car look better you need top quality. It costs a bit but i would not want anything but perfect on my car.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I think tom is right. quality is expensive and if thats what you want, its better to spend once and not again. the gamble is not worth it to me. i rather have a part that fits than to have a part that appears it came from a honda tuner (not that mugen isnt good, but the majority are crap).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robbie J / Charlie Charlie, can you please advise, I am about to order the Zena racing rear spolier, same as the one you fitted - did you get hit with any import duty, VAT cost etc - or is the price you pay on ebay the total?

I am about to get a high quality carbon wrap done on the roof panel (my car is storm white) will post some pics when done.

cheers
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts