GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whooooaaa! Thats expensive paint!!

Not my taste fella, and expensive just for some matt paint! Theres a liquid silver one at Benfield Newcastle, one old timer owner, 1200 miles just, absolute minter, Paint film protection, tracker, sat nav etc, Black edition, £55k available now. Ask for Richard, and tell Him Craige told you, he might do me a deal on a new one if I help him sell it!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The car does have the headlight washers which may indicate that it is a UK car.As far as the colour goes the GTR looks fantastic in matt black,looks as the name says like a a stealth/military weapon,really cool,and very rare.I doubt if you would EVER pull up next to another one at a petrol station ! Also I would rather have actual matt paint than a matt wrap with it's limited on car life span.The price is very steep.I'm not sure about 20k too much if it is a UK car but probably 8k-10k more than I would want to spend on it.That said,they WILL sell this car,after all the special Ultimate black opal paint colour on a spec-V GTR costs an extra 4300 pounds,and this on top of the 110-115k price tag for the car and Nissan will undoubtedly sell all the spec-V cars they make.All depends how much "disposable" cash you have to spend.See if you can get the car for a better price me thinks and then try to avoid "Missile Lock" :p:p

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
It certainly isn't a UK car equipped with official nav as none were available until the 59 plate - so its a 2nd hand car that cost £53k plus the paint and tracker making £57 to £58k new - I reckon £55k tops.

They are taking the p*ss at £67k!

D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Sumo69,I wasn't sure about the nav situation with the 2009 UK cars, so only the recent ones (registered from 1st sept,09) have the factory fit nav.I think that some of these non dealer garages that I have seen GTR's for sale at recently either have rather large overheads or are just trying to cash in on the newness of the car/customer ovoiding the wait from a Nissan dealer ordered car.Either way you would expect a mint as new car for this sort of price tag with at least a three year warranty and even then it would still upset me paying that much.Especially when you consider what an extra 8-12k can buy you,either spent on the car or not.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
There are a few new cars about with people not being able to afford them with the financial climate/change in circumstances. Plus there's one advertised on here for less than 50k which puts that price of that matt black one well in perspective.

I wonder what IP addy Mitchellsx is posting from ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great response guys thanks, wanted the sat nav in built and guessing this one hasn't. Thought the price of this car was steep but thought it had something to do wth the colour and maybe had a few mods on it.

misters3 what do u mean by IP addy(address)?

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Agree this is way overpriced. What truly repsectable dealer feels it necessary to "carefully run in" a new car as a service to their wonderful customers? Sorry but this would put me right off even if it were priced at list + matt wrap and a bit.

If you phone round the hPCs you'll probably be able to source a new UK satnav car at list on short delivery, pay £2k to have it wrapped and save about £5k into the bargain. That said, they'll probably sell it to some mug for north of £60k.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
The car is for sure a pre-sat nav car. On new (59 plate / sat nav versions) calipers have Nissan on and Blue dust caps. These have neither.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
defo a version 1 model.
you are basically paying around 20k for Paint!!!!
you gotta love matt black - A LOT

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
defo a version 1 model.
you are basically paying around 20k for Paint!!!!
you gotta love matt black - A LOT
And there was a guy on here offering to do someone's car in matt black for £700 last week (thread since deleted), so that's quite a premium for not much.

If you give me £67k you can have my 300 mile 59 Sat Nav Black Black Ed in matt black :flame: :p

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I love Matt Black as much as I love the little parcel my dog does in the woods !! It's SH*T

1 - 20 of 33 Posts