GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking at buying an r34 GTT but most ones i find are extremely low km and immaculate which makes them out of my price range. I found one with 76,000 miles but for the last 8 miles/3 years it has been used for a drift/skid pan. It needs a few minor things to make it road legal and I'm just wanting to know whether this will be a reliable car as a daily driver and what i should expect to be paying to keep it running and is there anything i should look out for.

Quick summary of car
NEW: SPITFIRE COILS,CAMBELT IDLER TENSIONER WATERPUMP OIL/FUEL FILTERS, OIL/COOLENT, ALOY RADIATOR, GTR INTERCOOLER, TOMI FUEL REG
FUEL RAIL, 80MM THROTTLE BODY, 25MM SPACERS ALL ROUND

PUCK CLUTCH UNKNOWN CONDITION NO SLIPS SOLID AS, BLITZ BOOST CONTROLLER IN CABON HAND HELD, GARRETT TURBO BALL BEARING 4" IN 3" OUT, GREDDY TYPE R BOV NOT FITTED, 3" EXHAUST, LSD

·
Registered
720 Posts
don't buy it unless your ready for a rebuild as i would presume its been jumping off the rev limiter if its been a drift car,it sounds like its had some abuse and the owner has ragged it to death,if its going to be a daily for you it will need to be reliable,i would honestly bite the bullet and wait until you can afford a better car low miles and so forth,as a rebuild will cost you plenty.

simon

·
Registered
481 Posts
There is a good rule with Skylines , "If you cant afford a good one , you definitely cant afford a bad one"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies looks like ill put off buying a skyline till i can afford a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts