GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few threads lately about buying & selling on here and the fact that some people seam to have been ripped off.

Can we have a discussion about what we as a club think would be a good way of trying to protect our members.

Someone suggested that you can't sell until you have posted say 200 times. (Not a bad idea.).

How about a rating? You could have this information in along side your name. You know the sort of thing...... 6 deals (100% satisfaction). With links to information about the deals, with comments from the buyer. (Or is that getting too like Ebay???).

Do you guys think this would help in reducing the numbers of scumbags that do try and sell utter rubbish?

I just want to try and see if we can do anything to help reduce this. Any suggestions welcomed.

·
Administrator
31,408 Posts
Im mentioned to Cem a while back about the trader rating thing for Vbulletin, but due to my lack of computer knowledge I couldn.t provide anymore details than a link to my old forum.

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=8

in the bottom right hand side of my profile is my iTrader rating

and if you read ANY thread, under the username, location etc, the iTrader rating is visible.

Its not fool proof, as you don't have any "proof" the transaction was made.

but if i want to buy something from, say Hodgie, and see that Scott has bought from him, I can at least as Scott how the sale went, or read his feedback.

Just an idea.

mook

·
Registered
360 Posts
If I buy some thing from a club member that has low posts , Some thing under 100 i will meet them to check the item that im buying just incase. If the seller is too far well I just don't buy the item form them. Just my views on the situation. :)

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
I am all for the 50+ posts thing, but agree with Blaster. A bit of common sense would go a long way to sorting most problems.

Escrow would be a very good idea, but is probably unworkable.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Regarding for sale posts i'm all for threads being locked after the first post. There's far too much banter in for sale threads. If you want to ask a question or ask for pics then PM the seller. Also let (enforce) the seller update the thread to reflect that it's now ***SOLD*** etc.

·
Administrator
31,408 Posts
Moschops said:
Regarding for sale posts i'm all for threads being locked after the first post. There's far too much banter in for sale threads. If you want to ask a question or ask for pics then PM the seller. Also let (enforce) the seller update the thread to reflect that it's now ***SOLD*** etc.

again, on puntosports, ONLY the seller could post on a for sale thread, meaning no banter, no flaming, and all enquiries were made by email.

cleared up the board a bit

mook

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think it's a great idea...

The amount of times I have looked at something on the for sale forum and had second thoughts as I ask myself the question..."what guarrantees do I have?"

Is paypal only or something like that out of the question? Just a thought

Sev

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Mookistar said:
again, on puntosports, ONLY the seller could post on a for sale thread, meaning no banter, no flaming, and all enquiries were made by email.

cleared up the board a bit

mook
Good idea...but...

Have you noticed that sometimes you will have people of other sites coming in to warn people of being scammed? or others on the forum that notice something that doesn't quite add up that others may not notice till they have lost there money.

Just my 2 pence worth.

·
Super Moderator
15,592 Posts
Just to say we initiated a 'seller only' can comment thing on IMOC and it was universally hated. People like to ask questions etc. about the item/car. We had to reinstate it in the end.
T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts