GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks not sure if this is in the right section

for the last couple of days when i accelerate theres a high pitched noise kind of a buzz coming from the engine, the more revs the higher the buzz, im not the most talented when it comes to engines but checked all the belts thereall fine its more of a motorised buzz, any ideas would be helpfull, cheers guys:) ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it off and on boost

low revs it is a sort of buzzing motor noise, as i accelerate it just keeps going higher

·
Registered
242 Posts
towards the top or bottom of the engine??? I'd say it's the lifters... could be anything without more info though....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had a better look today, its a 93 gtst, the noise is coming from the front left of the engine possibly toward the bottom, still no idea what it is though :mad: sounds like i have a strimmer under my engine bay :chuckle:

·
Registered
242 Posts
had a better look today, its a 93 gtst, the noise is coming from the front left of the engine possibly toward the bottom, still no idea what it is though :mad: sounds like i have a strimmer under my engine bay :chuckle:
Idler pully for the aircon or power steering belt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
When was the last time the timing belt was changed? Could be the timing belt tensioner or idler as well.

Be careful about driving it until you figure it out....you dont want this to happen

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a better look at it 2day, turns out it was the bearings on the air con pulley, but noticed all the other belts are on the way out, so they will need replaced lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts