Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Thought I would post a little update on my car. Currently the car is GREEEEN and running SVM stage 4.25. I thought I would want to make the car a bit more bullet proof for now (for future power kekeke) and wanted to know what my options were.

I made a few enquiries but my gut instinct was to go with the company that has always looked after me, and that is SVM. I have dealt with Amar and Kev over the past 2 years and the service has been second to none (I think Amar just likes seeing texts/messages from me at late night..). After discussing possible options, and then discussing pricing, I made up my mind very quickly.

The guys are very busy right now with the number of cars coming in and out, as well as the new build but they managed to fit me in over the next few weeks. The general spec is along the lines of (but will leave KK or Amar to update / correct):

Engine Build (including forged rods and pistons)
To assemble and fit Gaskets /seals/oils/lubricants
Engine parts fitted/main bearings/big end bearings/piston rings
Engine Dynamically balanced
Running in oils
Install Asnu fuel pumps (for future)

Remove Gearbox
Fit gearbox cir-clips
Fit 14/16 plate clutch (SVM to confirm)
Install upgraded clutch basket (A+B)

Cobb retune by Benny from GTC/Linney.

I am sure Kev/Amar can update with a better write up and the important stuff (images!).

Even though the car has been gone for a few days, already missing it and excited to have it back. Counting down the days...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why cobb?
I spent a fair bit of time looking at advantages of ecutek and cobb and reading up on gtrlife as well as this forum.

The cost to move to ecutek is questionable, I don't like the fact that should I sell my car I need to pay again if I got another - if you could migrate licences then it would be so much appealing. I hear the new cobb can offer the safety trips that ecutek can (with added sensors) but I don't know too much about it so have left it to the experts. Should SVM say it's better to use ecutek, then we will but they are confident.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
why no new turbos more like - this would surely just be purchase price with no additional labour? Then hello an additional 100hp+

my thoughts exactly tbh, the engine, clutches are gonna be ready for more power but turbos already flat out at stage 4.25 anyway ?

there are some svm 950gt turbos on here for sale, id make an offer on those if it was me and have them fitted while the motors out.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I can imagine the outlay for the repairs and the work stated is a significant amount and if your never going to fit new turbos then save the money, but I would argue why go forged if you're never going to increase power past 649.9999 bhp....

If you are going to get bigger tubs in future, just do it now and save (potentially) ££££'s in labour and re mapping etc.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Kev, genuine question, don't assume sabotage.

Ben is mapping and he is happy to support ecutek. We all know that for high power builds the ecutek offers better safety features. SVM do both so why Cobb was a perfectly fair question.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Kev, genuine question, don't assume sabotage.

Ben is mapping and he is happy to support ecutek. We all know that for high power builds the ecutek offers better safety features. SVM do both so why Cobb was a perfectly fair question.
Adam genuine answer :)

Cobb has now released all safety features and tc to SVM
Saftey features on Ecutek and Cobb for that matter can only all work if the relevant sensors and hardware is fitted. (you know that)

I have said time and time again, I believe both platforms can perform well
and give good service, for sure from time to time one company leads the way,
Yet it's only a matter of time another takes to the front again.

SVM work with 3 Systems Cobb, Ecutek, and Syvecs
I am happy to keep systems on and work with the software provided!

All have Pro's and Cons ...This argument has run.

Simple fact is we can make the GTR fast and reliable using either
So why change? and have the expense over again! Especially now! Cobb have Given the V3 a massive injection.:bowdown1:
Watch this space....!!!!!

thanks for your concern..

Regards KK

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I didn't actually know that Cobb had released the safety features - that's good news for everyone and does make both a genuine option.

There are still some safety trips that don't require additional hardware though?

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
I know that :)

The easy ones :) will be included in all SVM tunes FOC on Cobb/Ecutek/Syvecs.

For features requiring optional sensors + additional work such as wiring/ fuel regs inc various pipe configurations are at extra cost,as you know from running your own set up, the options can grow :)

All Details and information will be released onto our website asap.....

KK

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds good, I'll be doing similar when funds permit, but I'll be throwing the turbos in too!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Dont be a d*^k Buzz and shit yourself at the thought of new turbos!!!

Stop fingering yourself thinking about it - Just do it!!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The goalposts keep moving...!

This is the current spec:
Short Motor: 4.1L

SVM Spec EN40 Stroker Crank
SVM Spec Forged Custom Length Rods
SVM Spec Forged Custom Height Pistons
New Piston Rings
New Nissan Gasket Set
New Nissan Bearing Set
Oil Pump Assembly Strip and Clean

One day I will aim for 1000BHP or a bit short. I was asked to consider the possibility of a stroker kit. I thought why not put the foundations in place whilst the engine is in pieces. I was offered a pretty good deal so go for it! I was unsure as thought seems a bit pointless without doing the rest (turbos/intercooler/more gearbox mods) but have been assured that it will still improve the performance with quicker spool and will be a solid foundation for my future upgrades.

Tranny has been done (waiting for pics so hopefully should have some).

Looking at getting car back in 3 weeks..!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.