GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee! Haven't logged onto this site for almost 2 years since I joined. Been busy and haven't gotten the car up to snuff, nor driven it even 2k since then. Even today got back on the site after re-learning my password etc.

Yet now it's time to let it go. I've built it according to my taste and for me. Didn't mean to keep it forever, neither was I able to drive it enough for my own satisfaction. Japan is NOT the place to drive an R34 GT-R. I got busy buying a house and jacking it up too in the last year and a half, so the car got left in the garage. Trust me, I've taken a couple R33 GT-R to the States for fun and even got to drive one of them quite a bit. That's why I say Japan is the worst place to drive a GT-R. I know what I'm talking about. I've had a few R32 too.

This is just a preliminary explanation of why I haven't been on this forum for almost 2 years. I'll get to the car also here after. I don't know my way around this site very well; moreover, I hope the moderators think this is the way to sell a car i.e. on the "car for sale" click. I hope they won't have a problem with this. If they do, I would hope they would help me to know what to do.

Regarding this car for sale, it is the original C-West demo car. It never had more than 10k on the body. I haven't put 2k on it myself. In this post I won't go into detail. I don't have great pix of the car and don't have the time to list all info. I did give some detail to an ol' GT-R customer in AUS and so they have put it on their web site for interest. If you care to look for now, one can find it at:

Powerplay Imports

One must go into their "cars for sale" on Nissan and find it among others like a NUR SPEC. This is a not such a good photo, and sorry there is only one. I say the car is for sale, but I'm not saying that I've taken decent photos yet.

Yes, according to the explanation in the powerplay website, there is an M-Spec NUR original leather interior. Heated seats and so on. Last week I put in an ORC i.e. OGURA twin plate CARBON clutch. That was the last thing I wanted to do before I thought it was worthy to sell. What a difference. Got a bit of noise on start up like sliiingggg.. and some noise when the clutch is in. But this is a racing clutch so it's normal if one can bear it. The performance is worth it. Also differing from the list on powerplay, I've put in a Nismo tower bar with the brake stopper. I guess you know the one.

This is just a preliminary. It's ready, but I need to put back in some trim etc. that I haven't gotten to. Otherwise the car looks and performs like I wanted it to: an artistic Street car, one no-one else has. You may ask why I say that, but I guess yellow is one thing, and C-West is another. It's got the C-West touch on Aero. Yellow is a rare color that was only made in 99'. The boys at C-West did it one better when they repainted it. They took the color a bit better, and I say without asking me. It looks like a Ferrari color or say Porsche. It has the leather seats too, so it's on the way to being something interesting, something the bay side blues couldn't swing. We haven't changed the original color of the car, nor do we have anything against bay side blue. Great color, but everyone has it, sorry to say. Last thing is I have a model of the car I bought on Ebay, limited 500 edition, C-WEST racing team. That's a model of the original car, like the size of the actual car key. I guess one can find pix of the car in the demo catalog on the net or something. I live down the street per say from the company, well, 15 minutes away.

One may say why didn't I built it bigger? Well, I thought about it and bought a 900 hp motor from a friend a few years ago slightly used. Decided that it was not right for a street car and resold it to a friend in the U.S. So bigger isn't always better in my opinion for every man. I'm looking for a man, a buyer who thinks the same. This car has history and speciality. It's a package for a certain kind of person, one who thinks like me. I've never seen another yellow car. My Aussie mates have seen a couple. Yellow wasn't a popular colour for Japanese. Thats why they quit making them in that color in Japan. I have to thank the Japanese for that however, for Ferraris, Porsches, and all the exotic cars are still coming in yellow. What a good color! Honestly, I have a RUF Porsche in yellow! RUF yellow is very rare.

Don't want any junk mail from kids that can't get it up that high. Just some response from good guys who are real and are interested or have some experience in the field.

Best regards

and Happy Holidays,

Bernard

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The following car is currently in Japan. It is the genuine C-West Demo Car which they used to promote they're aero kits. It has been made available exclusively to Powerplay Imports for sale in Australia. If you are interested in this vehicle please contact us on 02 9819 7555.

6 Speed MANUAL, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Central Locking, Climate Control Air Conditioning, Xenon Headlights, HKS GT-SS Turbines, HKS Step 1 Cam Shafts, NISSAN N1 Exhaust Manifolds, MINES Pro II Stainless Turbo Outlets (Dump Pipes), HKS Stainless Front Pipe, NISMO Exhaust, APEXI Power FC with Boost controller, NISMO timing Belt, NISMO Air Flow Meters, HKS Adjustable Cam Pulleys, TRUST Clear Timing Belt Cover, ARC Intercooler, ARC Radiator, HKS Super Power Flow Air Filters, TRUST Oil Cooler with Remote Oil Filter Relocation Kit, TRUST Stainless Intercooler Piping, NISMO 555cc Injectors, NISMO Fuel Pressure Regulator, TOMEI Fuel Pump, NISMO Twin Plate Clutch, NISMO Front Lower Arms, Modified Intake Pipe (Polished with air guide plate wleded in), QUANTUM Adjustable Coil Over Suspension, V Spec II Rear Calipers & Rotors, NISMO Braided Brake Lines, NISMO Braided Clutch Line, NISMO Clutch Operating Cylinder, NISMO White Face Instrument Set, C's Short Shifter, NISMO LM GT$ 18" Wheels in Black, M Spec Front & Rear Leather Seats (Fronts seats are heated), M Spec Matching Door Panels & Rear Panels, NISMO Carbon Pillar Garnish, C-West Aero Kit as per Original Demo Car (includes: Front/Rear Bumpers, Side Skirts, Bonnet & Eye Line Kit), C-West Carbon Fibre Super Trunk Hood (3.4kg as opposed to 24kg for the OEM Bootlid), C-West 3D GT Wing II with Optional Rear Flap, NISMO Clear Front & Side Indicators, Full Respray, Original Demo Car Graphics Re-Applied by C-West. This vehicle has never been raced and has been used exclusivley as a showroom display car at C-West.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How Much/More Pix and some to come.. later

I haven't taken recent pix of the car, say in a year? Nor have I ever taken a pix of the motor. But I dug up some ol' pix I've taken and posted them tonight on the net, a blog. That was hell. Had to get the neighbor to help me. I'm hopeless at that, but we got something going so one can see. I'll send more photos, but first I want to detail the enging room and the car before selling it outright and serious.

This is a bit pre-mature me selling the car, when there are a few little things that I need to attend to, say putting back some trim in the trunk and I even have some of the interior out right now. Yet I'm willing to get it out there since it will be for sale very soon. I'm getting off work in less than a month for a good while where in I may get to the small details. If I get responses then it will motivate me to get it all done. Truely I need to get it done and out to the next owner. Whoever that may be, I will say that I can remain an assett for you as a service. If you take the car, I will do what I can to help you in the future i.e. parts or whatever from Japan. Since I live here I can do that, and I will at cost, used or new. Just for this car (i.e. not for all your other cars and your friend's cars).

There are some other details about the history of the car which I will want to add information later. For now I will give the "how much" since this is the question of the day. I want to sell it at USD 60k. One can think that it is possible to buy a car from Japan at a little less or so or more, but I've put a lot of time and heart into this one, not to mention money. Yes, you'll get a car for less maybe in the end if you buy another from Japan, but you won't get this one. My time has got to be worth something, plus it's not your average car. It has history and it has all of what I said before i.e. rareness and intrigue, not to mention its anything but stock e.g. normal.

It took me all night to get this blog going. Had some help from a Canadian neighbor. First one for me. Hope it works. The access to the photos are:

cosmosj.blogspot.com

Didn't have confidence to post photos on the forum, so I did this one. Some of the photos are when we first got the car re-painted by the CWest painter. They did an excellent job. Took out all the windows, off the doors, did the areas inside the door jams etc. etc. Later, about two months later we took it back and the CWest sticker man put back the decals as per the original demo car. The only request I had was to put a NISMO sticker on the door in place of a "Bride" seat sticker. The reasoning is that I didn't want the sticker since I put other seats in the car; moreover, I put a heck of a lot of NISMO gear on the car. I guess I'm getting to some of the history here. The point is that I got this car off the owner of CWEST who is quite famous these days in Japan for winning many big races over years. When I knew him years ago he was not famous, nor was CWest anything special. Years later he gave me this car, for a price, and I made it into something like the original demo car, but made it better in every way. My main goal was to keep it original, but make it better! It is. For instance, we don't have 19" show wheels, we have 18" GO wheels, like from Rays/Nismo in black. Black and Yellow was my theme, good combo I thought.

Sorry for the long-winded response,

We must be lonely in Japan on holidays.

B

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx much for your input!

Truth is I owe an apology to some Bay side Blues Brothers! I was a bit ****ed the other nite trying to post this on holidays. Truely, the blue that Nissan came up with was brilliant! I said: Everybody has one. Truth is everybody wants one. It is a ravishing color, the best Nissan has had perhaps, and not everyone has one. Just a few chosen. I was trying to sell a yellow car, so forgive and bear with me.

I took a blue R33 to the States, a rare color in R33, very rare. It worked well! Color means a lot and it is tantamont to the car. Can you imagine? When I landed in Japan in 88' 90 percent of cars on the road were white?

Years later the R32 GT-R were best selling in white, even R33. The Japanese slowly got some sense of color over time. White has always been a symbol of purity or essense. Heck, the Yakuza for years drove white mercedes or cadillacs. These days I don't know.

The worst crime was they still didn't have a sense when Nissan issued the last of the GT-R i.e. NUR and this was 2002. I was so appalled at the color arrangement!! White was still there, gold?, and god knows what else! Have you ever seen world super cars in such colors? Let's not talk about gun metal.

Funny, I went to the Osaka Auto Messe (show) a few years ago when the Z tune came up. I actually went to the guys, NISMO guys stading around the car and said: I've got a car in yellow, here are the pix. I gave them the details and said if you have a customer this YELLOW is going to go..

The guys were surprised that I knew Omoto-san i.e. that I had the C-West demo car too. They were impressed VERY. But they never came back with an offer to make this car a Z tune. I gave them my card then. I realized later too that they had only sold 3 cars by then out of twenty. Also I think they are just used car salesmen. Who in their right mind would spend the money on what they had to offer. With that money one could build 3 cars of the same performance, maybe two. But their color was still a bit stinky. I think it was metallic silver? The Japanese could certainly take a few lessons from the Italians on color. The Germans wouldn't mind giving advice either.

For what it's worth, Alfa Romeo is selling well in Japan and VW. The Alfas are all RED generally. Other than that there aren't any sports cars on the road per say. The sports car era has ended in Japan. So has GT-R.

Guess I've said enough for one day,

We're not lonely in Japan, just frustrated.

B.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
B.

Talk about some long winded responses.

I have known about this car for a while. I have known B. for quiet a while.

Real deal C-West Demo car. I even have a 1/43 scale model of this car. B. has taken it and made it something really nice and unique. I think I have quiet a few photos of the car that got sent to me over the years.

B. wanted to send it to the US, but with the way the laws and regulations are here now, its just not possible. I suggested Australia or UK. Should be someone out there for this car.

This isn't my eBay auction, I already have one of these, just think it might be interesting to someone interested in the car.

eBay: Team C-WEST Tune Nissan SKYLINE GTR R34 LTD (item 6063406737 end time Dec-30-06 18:11:23 PST)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your imput. Long time no see! Can't get to the states anymore these days. Got an almost 2 year old daughter. Can't move around like I used to.

Yes, I'm long winded I guess. Wanted to be a writer once. Guess that is why I like to write. I'll keep it short from now on. I'll try.

Thanks for posting those model photos on the forum! I'm not so familiar with the site. Actually the little model car I have fell off the shelf, broke the wing off too. That's why I didn't post a photo of that one. I did have one, but a couple years ago the computer crashed.

Anyway, Thanks again for your input!

B.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
direct link

R34 GT-ART

Hmm, I really like the looks of that car. Never seen a yellow one in the flesh, but if it's anything like the red it will look 10X better than in pics!

$60K seems a bit of a decent deal too! Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much!

Want to thank you gentlemen for your comments!! It wasn't easy to take on this car necessarily. It took me two years of negotiations with Omoto-san, the CWest owner before I finally got on it.

This car was dismantled by CWest sometime around 2000 or 2001. They bought a NISMO body, back when one could by one. Why to this day I haven't inquired really. They took the motor and tranny etc. etc. Major compontents, put them all on the Nismo body. The yellow demo car was hardly driven previously, but I did get a ride it it in about 2000. I had been Omoto-sans costomer for years, bought a few damaged cars that his customers had wrecked. I had at the time bought from another source an R34 GT-R that had been almost rolled, hit real hard in the rear. I offered him the engine/trans/brembos. He took them and kept them in storage for spares. 4 or more years later I see the car in storage under a car cover. When I finally bought it from him, I bought it with the motor/gearbox I had sold him long ago.

I feel that to be an honest used car salesman which I am, any buyer should know about the history of the car. Should be known that I know the history of the car perfectly. It was hard to take on as an investment as I got it. Yet as a love and as a hobby I did it. I couldn't resist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I said it took two years to decide. After a year of negotiations I even offered it to another ol' AUSSIE customere, not Powerplay. Even they couldn't take it as an investment. Of course they didn't have the same resources I had. Finally I told Omoto a year later that he wasn't my friend. I said I'd sold him the motor/gearbox etc. at low prices when things were astronomical in price. Even then I had sold the interior of the wrecked car to Powerplay. Omoto finally came down a few hundred dollars. I finally dived in.

So I rode in the car when it was a demo car. That was the day Omoto, Michioka-san (his racing main tuner) and I went out to see the damaged R34 that I was offering the motor/gearbox that is actually in this car now. Omoto was driving, I was just trying to take in the demo car. In those days this aero kit was ... WOW! I think it still is. That was maybe 2001. That wrecked car had 22k on the motor/gearbox. Then it went into storage, all of it. Now you've got a body with 10k thats been in storage, a motor/gearbox that has 22k. Normal for a Japanese car mind you say 10k a year average?

When tuning the motor and installing, we put new parts all over. Especially custom or performance. So lots of parts are new on a 22k motor, all the performance parts anyway.

I'm not being long winded, just adding history to this car, which is necessary and which I couldn't do in a paragraph. Most people sell a car in a paragraph. This is impossible to do properly because this is not your average car. There's no secret, you can clear it with C-West. I've always had them do any work on the car, for it is theirs, not mine. They always love to see it and work on it. It's a legend even here, and no person there wants to see it compromised. I have tried to make sure that never happens. Personally, I like their style. I've also added some of my own, so you can trust I'm not selling a used car per say, not one I don't know about. If if weren't for CWest, I would have not taken this car my own. I have had no regrets.

Thanx for the comments on color or car!! Any other comments are welcome from gentlemen who feel in tune with this tread

Didn't write a book, but filled in part of a journal on one GT-R no-one knew about. It was mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's probably just me - but this has to be the weirdest for sale ad ever - I confess I haven't read it all, but what's wrong with the old fashioned, here are pictures of my car, here is the spec list, and I want this much, send offers.

All that rambling just makes me think... hmmm.... :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It probably is just you. You confessed you didn't read all the post right?? This is my car, my thread. I can do it as I like. I'm the one selling the GT-R. This is the kind of punk feedback I didn't want. So don't do it again!

The difference between me and you is I have sources. I would say your critique is OK, but your tone isn't. I think you have 16 posts on this forum Mr. colinspooky? I have even less I think. I don't care about this reputation on this forum, nor the number of posts. I'm selling a car here, so if you can't read the history, the post, my art, then don't go on about business and how it should be conducted.

I'll leave you with this one. I bought and sold a 1973 RS Porsche from Japan to AUS. That was not before I took the project my own. Just like this car. It was also in dismantled condition, a Doctors car. I made it well, not before I put a lot of heart and energy into it. Do you know what an RS 1973 even is?? Sorry, I won't bore you. It's the most collectable 911 on the planet. I eventually sold it to AUS. The owner is my friend now because he got a good car and a good deal. The gentleman in Melbourne thanked me personally after the sale, for being honest.

I can introduce any buyer for my GT-R to this gentlemen before the sale.

That's what I mean about sources. No more of this please...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Want to thank you gentlemen for your comments!! It wasn't easy to take on this car necessarily. It took me two years of negotiations with Omoto-san, the CWest owner before I finally got on it.

This car was dismantled by CWest sometime around 2000 or 2001. They bought a NISMO body, back when one could by one. Why to this day I haven't inquired really. They took the motor and tranny etc. etc. Major compontents, put them all on the Nismo body. The yellow demo car was hardly driven previously, but I did get a ride it it in about 2000. I had been Omoto-sans costomer for years, bought a few damaged cars that his customers had wrecked. I had at the time bought from another source an R34 GT-R that had been almost rolled, hit real hard in the rear. I offered him the engine/trans/brembos. He took them and kept them in storage for spares. 4 or more years later I see the car in storage under a car cover. When I finally bought it from him, I bought it with the motor/gearbox I had sold him long ago.

I feel that to be an honest used car salesman which I am, any buyer should know about the history of the car. Should be known that I know the history of the car perfectly. It was hard to take on as an investment as I got it. Yet as a love and as a hobby I did it. I couldn't resist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I said it took two years to decide. After a year of negotiations I even offered it to another ol' AUSSIE customere, not Powerplay. Even they couldn't take it as an investment. Of course they didn't have the same resources I had. Finally I told Omoto a year later that he wasn't my friend. I said I'd sold him the motor/gearbox etc. at low prices when things were astronomical in price. Even then I had sold the interior of the wrecked car to Powerplay. Omoto finally came down a few hundred dollars. I finally dived in.

So I rode in the car when it was a demo car. That was the day Omoto, Michioka-san (his racing main tuner) and I went out to see the damaged R34 that I was offering the motor/gearbox that is actually in this car now. Omoto was driving, I was just trying to take in the demo car. In those days this aero kit was ... WOW! I think it still is. That was maybe 2001. That wrecked car had 22k on the motor/gearbox. Then it went into storage, all of it. Now you've got a body with 10k thats been in storage, a motor/gearbox that has 22k. Normal for a Japanese car mind you say 10k a year average?

When tuning the motor and installing, we put new parts all over. Especially custom or performance. So lots of parts are new on a 22k motor, all the performance parts anyway.

I'm not being long winded, just adding history to this car, which is necessary and which I couldn't do in a paragraph. Most people sell a car in a paragraph. This is impossible to do properly because this is not your average car. There's no secret, you can clear it with C-West. I've always had them do any work on the car, for it is theirs, not mine. They always love to see it and work on it. It's a legend even here, and no person there wants to see it compromised. I have tried to make sure that never happens. Personally, I like their style. I've also added some of my own, so you can trust I'm not selling a used car per say, not one I don't know about. If if weren't for CWest, I would have not taken this car my own. I have had no regrets.

Thanx for the comments on color or car!! Any other comments are welcome from gentlemen who feel in tune with this tread

Didn't write a book, but filled in part of a journal on one GT-R no-one knew about. It was mine.

I am very interested in this car;but I will like to know a couple of things;
-was this car in a accident before?
-what happened to its original engine?
-is the car in Japan at the moment?
I will be in Japan in March and if by than you will still have this car I will be glad to take it from you.........
ps
do you have any pictures of the interior?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanx for the reply!

Addressing your questions,

No! the car was never an accident car.
What happened to the origiinal motor I do not know, nor should I care. What happened to the total parts that I had to replace?? That should be the question.

The car is definitely in Japan at the moment. I should be here in March, so if you make it over we can talk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanx for the reply!

Addressing your questions,

No! the car was never an accident car.
What happened to the origiinal motor I do not know, nor should I care. What happened to the total parts that I had to replace?? That should be the question.

The car is definitely in Japan at the moment. I should be here in March, so if you make it over we can talk.
Thanks for your prompt answer;:)
When you have time you can post some pictures of the interior and the engine?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I certainly will take some photos of the motor and interior and post them. Please give me some time for this. Say days or a week or two. Need to put some trim back in the interior that has been out. Want to detail the engine room a bit. Trying now to order a NUR Mspec console shift panel in gold to match the rest of the M-Spec interior.

Regarding the original motor, the way I answered your question wasn't very informative. I guess I never thought about the original motor because it was put into that Nismo body Cwest had. I have never inquired about that car or what happened to it. That was about 6 years ago.

If this was a NUR car for instance, I would wonder about the original motor being gone as an N1 block and number. Or if it were a 1973 RS Porsche, certainly the matching engine number to the body would be of essence since there were only about 1500 cars ever made. What is important is this car has an R34 motor with history. The motor I had thought of putting in was an N1 block 2.7. That I got rid of it I sometimes regret.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was a sunny day today so I decided Heck, who needs to see the motor detailed or the interior all in. I got the car out of the garage and took some of the motor and interior. Got nothing to hide. I'm going to try to post the photos on the forum this time, but I don't know what I'm doing. How to do it, how may are permissable, what size. Like Mr. Shultz.. "I know noTHING". I'll keep trying, but if you can help me figure it out. I tried even to put them on the blog i.e. comsosj.blogspot.com which we made for these photos. BUT my neighbor is out for a few days. If anyone can assist me I'll post them right away. Sorry, I'm not a computer savy guy. Do alright on cars though.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts