GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Have a pair of new AP 6 pot CP5555 Calipers. Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of front mounting brackets to fit them to a R33 GTR.
I've tried the AP site with no luck, even a part number would be useful.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have at least one of these, and you can use that as a pattern for the other, as far as I recall they are not handed. I may have both. Interested?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris
Ian is trying to help me out but if it means not jumping on a mill and making them, yes I would be interested. A pair would be a result if you could find them. Please pm me with what you want for them.
Thanks Bryan

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I can only find one, and I have also found a pair of very useable AP bells and a load of dead or dying discs for the R32/R33/R34 GTR AP set up. It's quite frightening how many of the bloody things my GTR got through.....Found loads of new race compound and fast road pads for the AP six pot calipers, too, that I no longer need.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Chris
Thanks for looking, I have brand new calipers, pads, discs and bells all I need is the mount brackets. I'll definately have that bracket of you please I can then machine up a copy at work. Please pm me cost and how to pay you. Many thanks again for looking.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Would you like to just borrow it and make 2? If so I'll send it you so long as I DEFINITELY get it back in the next 3 weeks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I could borrow it for one week I will model it up on CAD and put a pdf file of the drawing on this thread incase anyone else could use it. Then promise to return it to you along with your postage and a beer voucher or two. Will pm my address.
Thanks again for your help.
Bryan

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
If I could borrow it for one week I will model it up on CAD and put a pdf file of the drawing on this thread incase anyone else could use it. Then promise to return it to you along with your postage and a beer voucher or two. Will pm my address.
Thanks again for your help.
Bryan

It's going og firdst class post tomorrow. We keep a lot of exotic animals and the recent storms brought some trees down and loosened others, so i have spent the last 3 days with a chainsaw and Jeep and ropes.... ;( No escapes, luckily, but I have been bitten and kicked movving stuff from one compound to another, so I didn't had chance to send it Friday. Cheers!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's fine Chris thanks again.
"I have been bitten and kicked movving stuff from one compound to another" Errrrrrrr what sort of animals you keeping ?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You should have the bracket tomorrow and I have printed out a return address label. Hope it works out well, I would be interested in a copy of the drawing if you make one. Cheers.

I must be going through an injury prone phase, a friend who helped me fell some "iffy" trees, loosened by the recent gales, was helping me load logs and was throwing them over a compound fence whilst I loaded them into the tractor trailer, he and I mistimed things and he managed to crush my hand between two BIG logs, and I think somethings broken.... I'm staying in bed tomorrow, with the electric blanket unplugged, I am obviously unsafe out and about just now :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Chris
Just got in and the bracket has arrived, again many thanks.
It fits the CP5555 calipers fine.
I've e mailed just about every AP stockist with the part number CP2494-837 HA5J1 in the hope that they are buyable. Mean while tomorrow I'll model up your bracket, trial fit it at the weekend and will return it registered on Monday along with a drawing.

Try and stay away from further injury, hope your hand mends quick...
Thanks again for all your help.... top bloke.
Cheers Bryan

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Thanks Bryan, a day of mauling a Supra TT manual box out, and the hugely heavy dual mass flywheel, to change all the `box seals and the crank rear main seal, then stuffing the whole mess back in again has given it a workout and it feels easier now, but maybe it's just dropping off...

Hope you get it hogged out ok, probably next week I'll find the other one! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK here's an update.

Have modelled up and drawn the mount that Chris leant me, so anyone who wants a pdf file of the drawing just pm me your e mail address. I'll be happy to forward to you.
From the part number on the mount I have found 3 places that stock them at £136 +vat+carrage each, I intended to make them myself but resigned yesterday for pastures new so they might get funny about me using the workshop.
So will buy a pair next week after double checking at the weekend that Chris's bracket matches the offset on the bells I have.
Cheers again to Chris I'll have it in the post to you on Monday.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts