GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just seen a place near me that is for want of a better phrase, a self-service workshop!

You basically take your car in, use their tools and ramps, and its open 24 hours a day 7 days a week

If its ok with the moderators I'll post up the link etc :)

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pit Start - Self Service Garage - 020 8827 1919

£10+vat per hour for a normal bay, £20+vat for a bay with a 4 post lift - they charge by the minute after the first hour which seems pretty fair to me

20 bays in total, 6 have lifts :clap:

Only restrictions are no welding, spraying or fuel tank work (no idea if that means no fuel pump swaps but lets face it you don't need a workshop to do that :chuckle: )

They're based in Park Royal - to be honest I can't beleive noone thought of this type of thing sooner!

BTW I have no association with them and nothing to gain - I reckon it will help a lot of us who want to work on our own cars and can't afford the space or equipment :)

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
There used to be one back home in Scotland very close to where I lived about 10 years ago IIRC. Unfortunately the first of me knowing about it was when it was closing down!!

Still, a GREAT idea for those who dont have the space or tools but have the inclination to work on their own cars. The only thing that struck me was that, if you had a car hat wasn't able to get their under its own steam then you would have the hassle/expense of having to tow or trailer it.

TT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts