GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to doing a deal with my R34 which involves taking an R32 in part exchange. The R32 was in the UK until earlier this year and I "assume" it was formally exported to Germany. The basic question I have is that if the R32 comes back into the UK, will I be liable for VAT and duty and what paperwork is needed to re-register it?

Any help much appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice to see you are staying in the GTR fold.

Can't answer your questions, but surely VAT and import duty only applies to new cars?

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
As long as theres proof vat and duty were paid on the car on entry to the EU, you won't need to pay it again

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
As long as theres proof vat and duty were paid on the car on entry to the EU, you won't need to pay it again
+1 :thumbsup:

the one single reason its good to be in the eu.

george it may help you to give ozz a ring from hja or tony may be able to help at tr.:thumbsup:

does this mean you will be keeping the r32 for your next project???

kev

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does this mean you will be keeping the r32 for your next project???

kev[/QUOTE]

Could well be Kev :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of your help fellas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
:thumbsup::clap::D
Great news George, u know the 32's are sexy lol. As Kev said give Ozz a shout he'll have all the info u need dude, and he's a real decent guy may even give u hand.
Any pics of the 32?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The deal isn't done yet guys so hang fire for a bit please :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Just be carefull, Skylines fetch a premium in Germany so why would someone want to sell back to the UK for a lot less?? I've sold quite a few Supras, Skylines and RX7's throughout Europe this year and most have been to people who were looking to register in their country and then sell on for a few thousand Euro's more.................just my 2p worth :thumbsup:
I have a customer looking to buy an R32 GTR from us but wanted to p/ex an R34 GTST, this is apparantly worth 20,000 euros is Germany!!
Dave.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just be carefull, Skylines fetch a premium in Germany so why would someone want to sell back to the UK for a lot less?? I've sold quite a few Supras, Skylines and RX7's throughout Europe this year and most have been to people who were looking to register in their country and then sell on for a few thousand Euro's more.................just my 2p worth :thumbsup:
Dave.
Got that covered in the deal Dave thanks. The € strength against the £ certainly makes our cars more attractive to those on the continent :nervous:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Got that covered in the deal Dave thanks. The € strength against the £ certainly makes our cars more attractive to those on the continent :nervous:
That's ok then :thumbsup: Around 20% of my sales have been overseas this year so the weak ££££ does have it's upsides. As long as you are happy with the integrity of the seller then the best of luck with your sale.
One last thing, watch the exchange rate carefully and remember with cash sales you need to put around 10% on top to allow for a poorer rate when cashing in your euros. eg. you may get 1.09 euros per GBP but you'd need to give 1.19 euros to receive a GBP. I got it a little wrong last week and cost myself £200 by not cashing in quickly enough :bawling: I've got a single turbo RX7 going out to the Netherlands on Saturday, i shall check the rates and cash in the same day this time!!!!
Dave.

·
Registered
26,872 Posts
That's ok then :thumbsup: Around 20% of my sales have been overseas this year so the weak ££££ does have it's upsides. As long as you are happy with the integrity of the seller then the best of luck with your sale.
One last thing, watch the exchange rate carefully and remember with cash sales you need to put around 10% on top to allow for a poorer rate when cashing in your euros. eg. you may get 1.09 euros per GBP but you'd need to give 1.19 euros to receive a GBP. I got it a little wrong last week and cost myself £200 by not cashing in quickly enough :bawling: I've got a single turbo RX7 going out to the Netherlands on Saturday, i shall check the rates and cash in the same day this time!!!!
Dave.
always have to be so careful on exchange rates

it affects us more than most

yen is :(

got pics of yoru single turbo rx? that will be my daily driver for next week :D

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
always have to be so careful on exchange rates

it affects us more than most

yen is :(

got pics of yoru single turbo rx? that will be my daily driver for next week :D
It's on my website :thumbsup: but you wouldn't want to drive it everyday.......nasty clutch, v. loud Aeromotive fuel pump, it's insane on petrol and does around 3/4mpg when pushed hard!! That said, bl00dy good fun to drive :clap:
Dave.

·
Registered
26,872 Posts
its miguels rx7 and i think the roads in japan will be slighly different to the m4 ;-)

i dont know your website

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Ahhh right :D I'll PM you my website address as i don't want to get a ban for being a non paying advertsier!! No where near Neweras site but it's all mine and i like it!!
Dave.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts